January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVERTON are considering a move for Dnipro striker Artem Dovbyk in a bid to boost their survival hopes.

The Toffees are still on the hunt for a new manager after sacking Frank Lampard earlier this week, but with the window closing in a matter of days they cannot afford to hang around in terms of signings.

Everton want to sign Dnipro striker Artem Dovbyk
Everton want to sign Dnipro striker Artem DovbykCredit: AP
Having already had Arnaut Danjuma snatched from under their noses by Tottenham, Everton are hopeful that the sale of Anthony Gordon to Newcastle could fund some late January spending.

The Toffees have desperately struggled for goals this season with only Wolves (12) scoring fewer than their 15 across 20 games so far this season.

Dovbyk, who has previously been linked to Nottingham Forest, has 11 goals in 14 Premier Liga appearances so far this term.

The Ukraine international, 25, has a further five goals and two assists in six Europa Conference League outings

EVERTON are considering a move for Dnipro striker Artem Dovbyk in a bid to boost their survival hopes.

The Toffees are still on the hunt for a new manager after sacking Frank Lampard earlier this week, but with the window closing in a matter of days they cannot afford to hang around in terms of signings.

Everton want to sign Dnipro striker Artem Dovbyk
Everton want to sign Dnipro striker Artem DovbykCredit: AP
Having already had Arnaut Danjuma snatched from under their noses by Tottenham, Everton are hopeful that the sale of Anthony Gordon to Newcastle could fund some late January spending.

The Toffees have desperately struggled for goals this season with only Wolves (12) scoring fewer than their 15 across 20 games so far this season.

Dovbyk, who has previously been linked to Nottingham Forest, has 11 goals in 14 Premier Liga appearances so far this term.

The Ukraine international, 25, has a further five goals and two assists in six Europa Conference League outings
Not to be discriminatory he could be good but getting Myko from Ukraine and he's a full international showed me there's a chasm between that league and ours...

It’s the deals the fanbase are crying out for Gordon, for 40 mill, Ziyech and Armie in.

I’m dont agree with it, but I’m resigned to it, we’re committed to building sandcastles with the tide coming in.

If we survive, we will get to the summer again, sign a few Garners or Pattersons, by selling Onana and look to build, then it will disentigrate by Dec, new manger Jan and same thing begins again, wel do that until nothing is left - honestly that’s the cycle, Silva, Bemetiz, Lampard- Koeman was a bit earlier, but not by much.

The only game in town now is survival, I abandoned anything long term - in regard to hope in building, its pointless, the best we can hope for is surviving our lurch from crisis to crisis, a few points ahead of the 17th placed team.
Sadly true doesn't change until the owner and board changes for me, a constant circle of short termism and decline

Honestly whatever at this point. We've no manager, we've no incomings, we've no hope. Just buy someone and pray they're good enough to get us to 17th. What's the worst that can happen? Relegation? We're already headed there.

Remember when we were all looking forward to January to get quality reinforcements to survive relegation.

January Ladies and Gentlemen.

QAuzj64.png

I see that the Doomsday Clock has been reset from 100 seconds to midnight to 90 seconds.

Must be Everton fans ...
Bit of good news, we won the league in 1914 and 1939 just before the start of both world wars. So that omen is unlikely to happen. Unless we win the Championship next season. Does that count? Hopefully not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back