January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gallagher does agree to come here I think it’s cause we know there’s a really good offer on the table for Onnana and we’re ready to accept it.

I don’t think he’s the Gordon replacement or the answer to our lack of striker options. I just get the feeling he’s a complete separate deal where we may lose Onnana, who potentially could be replaceable and we could add a young, English, goal scoring centre midfield and still make a huge profit with regards to FFP.

Are you sure? I’ve just read that he cant get a game in France, and he’s only interesting the crap desperate clubs like us and West Ham. They type of club that is interested in Ayew.
He’s highly rated in France, we moan all the freaking time about not going for younger rated players, we look like being in for one and it’s getting piped down

If Gallagher does agree to come here I think it’s cause we know there’s a really good offer on the table for Onnana and we’re ready to accept it.

I don’t think he’s the Gordon replacement or the answer to our lack of striker options. I just get the feeling he’s a complete separate deal where we may lose Onnana, who potentially could be replaceable and we could add a young, English, goal scoring centre midfield and still make a huge profit with regards to FFP.

Onana won't be going anywhere this season.

The Gallagher stuff has been grossly over reported as we've only enquired. Personally think he's a laaandaander who'll probably go to a club a few miles from his post code (West Ham, Bournemouth, Southampton, Palace, Brighton) IMO.

Morning all! Happy deadline / transfer window slams shut day. I miss Natalie Sawyer…… anyway, here’s a quick round up for what I’m sure will be a resounding transfer success for the toffees!

Transfer insider Alex Crook has claimed on TalkSport that Everton are favourites to sign Rennes winger Kamaldeen Sulemana. Everton have now had a £22m bid accepted for Stade Rennais forward Kamaldeen Sulemana. That’s according to the Daily Mail, as the Toffees quickly run out of time to make things happen in the transfer window.

The bid by Everton for Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher is “doomed”, while four players could be set to leave Goodison Park on deadline day, according to the Daily Mail.

While incomings are almost certain, Dyche’s side reportedly could also be set to lose up to four first-team players by Tuesday’s 11pm cutoff – which could, in turn, free up funds for the English manager to spend.

“A bid for Conor Gallagher is doomed,” the Daily Mail reported (Tuesday 31 January, page 69).

“They want a striker, winger and midfielder, while another defender could be brought if some go. Kamaldeen Sulemana, Thorgan Hazard (Dortmund) and Rodrigo Becau (Udinese) have been discussed, while Andre Ayew could join on a free.

“Who could go: Mason Holgate, Michael Keane, Jarrad Branthwaite, Abdoulaye Doucoure.”

Everton want to sign Southampton striker Che Adams on transfer deadline day after Sean Dyche’s appointment as manager, according to Mike McGrath.

Everton and Newcastle United both made approaches to sign Hakim Ziyech but he has rejected them in favour of Paris Saint-Germain. That’s according to Foot Mercato, who claim that offers were on the table from both Everton and Newcastle ahead of the transfer deadline.

West Ham could still sign Michael Keane on loan from Everton before the deadline despite Sean Dyche’s appointment. But the Athletic reports that the ‘fantastic‘ defender could still leave today, if West Ham push their interest forward.

Everton are likely to look for loan deals today (31 January) with limited finances available to make transfers, according to The Mirror pg. 45. The report also claims that Everton are looking at West Ham United defender Ben Johnson, although, signing attackers remains their priority.

Sean Dyche wants two new signings before the transfer window closes on Tuesday night. And the new Everton boss has prioritised his forward line, with the former Burnley manager desperate to strengthen a shot shy attack with the capture of a winger and another striker.

Manchester United ’s young star Anthony Elanga is the highest profile target, with the Blues still in contact over the possibility of a loan deal, but there is a reluctance at Old Trafford to let the 20 year old leave, given their own striking problems.

The Blues have also been in discussions for young Ghana international forward Kamaldeen Sulemana, who is valued at £20m by his club Rennes, though they are rivalled by Southampton for his signature.

West Ham ’s Michail Antonio is another possibility, but an injury to the Hammers’ new signing Danny Ings may scupper any chance of a move.

Everton could be set to hand Sean Dyche his first transfer as the new boss. That’s at least the thinking of transfer insider Dean Jones, who wrote in his column on Sunday night for GIVEMESPORT about the potential dealings that the Toffees could manage before the window slams shut. With attack a huge problem area, the mention of Tottenham Hotspur forward Lucas Moura will be a welcome one despite it seeming like a tough deal to do due to his current £90k-per-week deal. Jones claimed rather succinctly: “Lucas Moura has been discussed but they feel his wage demands may be too hefty.”

Everton transfer news with Coventry City striker Viktor Gyokeres a reported target on January transfer deadline day. One player who's been linked with Everton through January is Coventry striker Viktor Gyokeres. The striker has plundered 13 goals and recorded seven assists for Championship outfit Coventry City this season. For a side that sit 13th in the table, that is a fine tally.

Certainly, manager Mark Robins has made his stance clear about Gyokeres. Speaking at the end of December when asked about the former Brighton forward's future ahead of the window opening, he made a defiant claim.

“Viktor is going nowhere. I can tell you now he is going nowhere in January,” Robins told the Coventry Telegraph. “Absolutely no chance. I’ve spoken to Vik.

“There’s not a chance of them going anywhere in January. It would be absolutely ridiculous and I’m adamant that is happening. The only way people can go is if you have got people lined up, replacements lined up that are better. It’s not going to happen. Haha…. This one’s nailed on!

Everton are considering making a deadline-day bid for Union Berlin attacker Sheraldo Becker, who has also been on West Ham’s radar. The Merseyside club have been tracking several forwards and Becker is claimed to be one of the names on their shortlist. And according to German broadcaster Sky Deutschland, they are considering putting in an offer for the Union Berlin forward today.

Everton want to sign at least two attacking players on deadline day. Among their targets are Rennes' 20-year-old Ghana winger Kamaldeen Sulemana, Coventry's Sweden striker Viktor Gyokeres, 24, Newcastle United's Scotland winger Ryan Fraser, 28, and Manchester United's 20-year-old Sweden forward Anthony Elanga among their targets. (Liverpool Echo)

The Toffees are also targeting Union Berlin's Suriname striker Sheraldo Becker, 27, and Ghana striker Andre Ayew, 33, who is a free agent. (Mail)

Last edited:

Onana won't be going anywhere this season.
I just can’t see any other way we’d think Gallagher’s worth spending all that money on when we have glaring gaps elsewhere in the squad.

I do agree with you, more so because I don’t see Gallagher wanting to come here but if we did get any encouragement, then I think that the situation with Onnana may change.

The lad has an even bigger ego than Gordon, plus knowing he can head back to Palace any time and given he's been starting games for Chelsea recently, he'll get a move to a top half side in the summer

Morning all, here’s a quick round up for what I’m sure will be a resounding transfer success for the toffees!

Transfer insider Alex Crook has claimed on TalkSport that Everton are favourites to sign Rennes winger Kamaldeen Sulemana.

Everton have now had a £22m bid accepted for Stade Rennais forward Kamaldeen Sulemana.

That’s according to the Daily Mail, as the Toffees quickly run out of time to make things happen in the transfer window.

The bid by Everton for Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher is “doomed”, while four players could be set to leave Goodison Park on deadline day, according to the Daily Mail.

While incomings are almost certain, Dyche’s side reportedly could also be set to lose up to four first-team players by Tuesday’s 11pm cutoff – which could, in turn, free up funds for the English manager to spend.

“A bid for Conor Gallagher is doomed,” the Daily Mail reported (Tuesday 31 January, page 69).

“They want a striker, winger and midfielder, while another defender could be brought if some go. Kamaldeen Sulemana, Thorgan Hazard (Dortmund) and Rodrigo Becau (Udinese) have been discussed, while Andre Ayew could join on a free.

“Who could go: Mason Holgate, Michael Keane, Jarrad Branthwaite, Abdoulaye Doucoure.”

Everton want to sign Southampton striker Che Adams on transfer deadline day after Sean Dyche’s appointment as manager, according to Mike McGrath.

Everton and Newcastle United both made approaches to sign Hakim Ziyech but he has rejected them in favour of Paris Saint-Germain. That’s according to Foot Mercato, who claim that offers were on the table from both Everton and Newcastle ahead of the transfer deadline.

West Ham could still sign Michael Keane on loan from Everton before the deadline despite Sean Dyche’s appointment. But the Athletic reports that the ‘fantastic‘ defender could still leave today, if West Ham push their interest forward.

Everton are likely to look for loan deals today (31 January) with limited finances available to make transfers, according to The Mirror pg. 45. The report also claims that Everton are looking at West Ham United defender Ben Johnson, although, signing attackers remains their priority.

Sean Dyche wants two new signings before the transfer window closes on Tuesday night. And the new Everton boss has prioritised his forward line, with the former Burnley manager desperate to strengthen a shot shy attack with the capture of a winger and another striker.

Manchester United ’s young star Anthony Elanga is the highest profile target, with the Blues still in contact over the possibility of a loan deal, but there is a reluctance at Old Trafford to let the 20 year old leave, given their own striking problems.

The Blues have also been in discussions for young Ghana international forward Kamaldeen Sulemana, who is valued at £20m by his club Rennes, though they are rivalled by Southampton for his signature.

West Ham ’s Michail Antonio is another possibility, but an injury to the Hammers’ new signing Danny Ings may scupper any chance of a move.

Everton could be set to hand Sean Dyche his first transfer as the new boss. That’s at least the thinking of transfer insider Dean Jones, who wrote in his column on Sunday night for GIVEMESPORT about the potential dealings that the Toffees could manage before the window slams shut. With attack a huge problem area, the mention of Tottenham Hotspur forward Lucas Moura will be a welcome one despite it seeming like a tough deal to do due to his current £90k-per-week deal. Jones claimed rather succinctly: “Lucas Moura has been discussed but they feel his wage demands may be too hefty.”

Everton transfer news with Coventry City striker Viktor Gyokeres a reported target on January transfer deadline day. One player who's been linked with Everton through January is Coventry striker Viktor Gyokeres. The striker has plundered 13 goals and recorded seven assists for Championship outfit Coventry City this season. For a side that sit 13th in the table, that is a fine tally.

Certainly, manager Mark Robins has made his stance clear about Gyokeres. Speaking at the end of December when asked about the former Brighton forward's future ahead of the window opening, he made a defiant claim.

“Viktor is going nowhere. I can tell you now he is going nowhere in January,” Robins told the Coventry Telegraph. “Absolutely no chance. I’ve spoken to Vik.

“There’s not a chance of them going anywhere in January. It would be absolutely ridiculous and I’m adamant that is happening. The only way people can go is if you have got people lined up, replacements lined up that are better. It’s not going to happen.

Everton are considering making a deadline-day bid for Union Berlin attacker Sheraldo Becker, who has also been on West Ham’s radar. The Merseyside club have been tracking several forwards and Becker is claimed to be one of the names on their shortlist. And according to German broadcaster Sky Deutschland, they are considering putting in an offer for the Union Berlin forward today.

Everton want to sign at least two attacking players on deadline day. Among their targets are Rennes' 20-year-old Ghana winger Kamaldeen Sulemana, Coventry's Sweden striker Viktor Gyokeres, 24, Newcastle United's Scotland winger Ryan Fraser, 28, and Manchester United's 20-year-old Sweden forward Anthony Elanga among their targets. (Liverpool Echo)

The Toffees are also targeting Union Berlin's Suriname striker Sheraldo Becker, 27, and Ghana striker Andre Ayew, 33, who is a free agent. (Mail)

What an underwhelming list of links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back