January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
REAL AND CREDITBLE THREAT MODE ENABLED

17275a1d-7338-4d26-ba03-5ad50451aba9
tenor.gif

I wonder where we’ll be a year from now

If we go down we are starting from scratch. Any player who commands a decent fee will be sold on. Leaving us with players we can’t get rid of and youth players. Given we can’t attract a decent calibre of player whilst we are in the premier league I dread to think of the sort of signings our recruitment team would make in the championship.

Yes we could you’re right, my point was spending money we don’t have, on players that probably would have failed and caused us longer term issues, would not have made any difference to the eventual outcome.

We may not have strengthened the squad but perhaps there’s some value in not bringing in a bang average player, who could disrupt the squad and offers no value and sucks more cash out the club.

Have we weakened the team, perhaps but again, it was necessary and again, he needed to go for a number of reasons and he wasn’t offering much to the first 11 anyways.
Disrupt the squad? Heaven help us if somebody did that, we might end up doing worse than bottom of the league.

Today was akin to watching a loved one die of a illness knowing full well that you’re powerless to do anything for them. I’ve honestly spent today in shock, easily my worst day as an Evertonian. We’re watching our club die slowly, make no mistake about it we’re down, can’t blame Dyche, can’t blame the players, can’t blame Thelwell. It’s the board and Moshiri. Spineless cowards.

I genuinely apologise to anyone that I’ve been dismissive of, disagreeing with or for posts trying to be optimistic, I genuinely did not believe this board would have the audacity to actually not bring in players. I legitimately didn’t even think it possible, despite years of Everton under Moshiri and Kenwright.

Legitimately distraught. We all love this club more than anything, that’s clear but I really don’t know if I can stand behind this anymore with how we’ve been run into the ground and been setup to fail. I’ll be an Evertonian until the day I die and nothing will ever change that but I genuinely don’t know if I’ll ever be able to feel that same love again while these current parasites are there.

I’d love to abandon it, truly I would. I won’t though. This is my club, this our club, not theirs.

I don’t know what the future holds but no doubt it will be misery for a long time to come again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back