January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew virtually nothing of everyone linked.

Signing average players like McNeil and Maupay would not have been good enough so I'm glad we didn't just panic and waste it.

Not having a plan to adequately replace Richy and then Gordon has been criminal. As was waiting so long to get Dyche formally appointed.

We looked solid earlier in the season and I trust Dyche to get that back more than Lampard could have.

Koff the board.
COYB!

we need absolute dogs who are ready to bleed in battle for the shirt, who we got: Tarks, Coleman, Onana, Pickford & Coady at a push, naaaah it’s over, we’re gone ?

Regarding Franks sacking, is another screw up of major proportions. There was a run of about 8 games coming up you just knew he was not gonna survive. How come the board didnt anticipate and line up succesors, a profile. Cut losses end of december and have a full month to rebuild and get transfer targets. The last 8 days, the Danjuma situation, yesterdays farce, it feels very much amateur hour management and avoidable. The best thing kenwright, moshiri can do for Everton is to cut their own power and install someone who knows what he is doing. Who can sack managers and put some vision in.

Everyone see Richarlison's comments on how James Rodriguez was treated by Agent Rafael.

This club is completely rotten to the core. Its dead in the water and until this regime is gone, its not going to get any better. Today was an absolute shambles, embarrassing themselves, and worse still embarrassing us fans and making us a laughing stock because we still believe, we still absolutely love our club. Somebody somewhere has to be listening to us. Todays fiasco may finally wake up the world to what an absolute **** show our board is. They are liars, absolute frauds of the highest order. Until they are gone for good, nothing will change.

Poor Sean Dyche. He needs to be commended and given a ton of support from our fanbase because no matter how much money they are paying him, WHY in gods name would you take this on? He (probably) will fail, but it will not be his fault. Good luck sir.

When the transfer window shut today, I closed my eyes for 5 minutes and remembered, I transported myself back to the final whistle of the Bayern Munich semi final, standing in the corner of the Street End. Grown men, and women and kids crying, laughing and dancing around with pride while our heroes were cheered and applauded of the pitch. Yes, some of us had that in our lifetimes. Seems impossible, but true. I open my eyes again and tears (of a very different kind) welled up.

I feel so so sorry to all the younger Evertonians who have had to witness the decline of this mighty football club. Yes, were were mighty, once. All of us on this forum, all the Blues around the world, have been MASSIVELY let down. So many times over the last 6 or so years (actually about 28). But today was the nadir. This damn Chairman, his cronies and the team behind him need to be held accountable. They wont of course, so I hope they are sitting pretty in their wealthy homes, their flashy cars and their perfect lifestyles.....because EVERY Evertonian is waking up Tuesday feeling lost, hurt, angry and confused as to how so much of their trust and loyalty has been put into a few people to run the club they adore, yet can be kicked in the gut, ignored and lied to by those very same people.

If (when?) this regime (I'm not going to blame Dyche if it happens) takes us down to the Championship, I hope they feel proud. Proud for destroying a founding member of the football league, its legacy, and the (once) proud fanbase.

Get out Moshiri, and take your frauds with you.
Brilliant post, well done.

Look on the bright side, lads.

We weren't going to be bringing in anyone good yesterday. If we did bring in someone, it wouldn't have been anyone good enough to keep us above finishing 20th.

We just saved ourselves the trouble of trying to offload another carthorse in the summer as we look to cut costs.

What's not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back