January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, it must be clear to the board now that part of a managers job is to pull other players in. When prospects now choose psv einhoven over Everton...what was they thinking hiring Dyche?
Oh yes, blame it all on the brand new manager, when we made no serious bids. I mean im suprised we arent left with Baines managing us, Dyche is bonkers joining us and risking his reputation!! Welcome to the Circus Sean!!

Did they have a choice?

I dont think any 'real' or 'reasonable' offers were made.
They couldv sacked Frank before the wc and do a thorough search on a well thought out profile. Maybe interim untill the summer and then install new manager like with Ten Hag. And 45 million on a chelsea reject not reasonable? Everton and not reasonable offers? All theyve done is handing out huge payments to laughable players that contributed nothing.Its THE reason why the club has do much ffp problems

Im not blaming Dyche himself - he is wat he is, but for all Franks failings he did convince players to come and, after his sacking renege on an almost done deal. Ancelotti, Benitez, Silva...all had players coming for the gaffer when they wouldnt without. Its naive to think a manager a new manager doesnt make a difference. Dont be like the Everton board.

Im not blaming Dyche himself - he is wat he is, but for all Franks failings he did convince players to come and, after his sacking renege on an almost done deal. Ancelotti, Benitez, Silva...all had players coming for the gaffer when they wouldnt without. Its naive to think a manager a new manager doesnt make a difference. Dont be like the Everton board.

Dyche may not have the international profile of Lampard, Benitez (for his sins) or Ancelotti, but I'd think its unlikely to be that since he was able to sign the likes of Cornet and Weghorst while at Burnley. Instead I think its most likely that (a) word has gotten round that the club is a basket case with different factions going in different directions, (b) that the money situation now Usmanov isn't around isn't anywhere near as stable as it should be or (c) both (a) and (b).

I have an inkling that there's worse to come out about whats going on behind the scenes or with the financials. Too many odd happenings so close together cannot be explained as coincidental, and neither does it fit that all those in senior management are all completely incompetent. If that was the case, then by sheer luck they'd get the odd decision correct.

Dyche may not have the international profile of Lampard, Benitez (for his sins) or Ancelotti, but I'd think its unlikely to be that since he was able to sign the likes of Cornet and Weghorst while at Burnley. Instead I think its most likely that (a) word has gotten round that the club is a basket case with different factions going in different directions, (b) that the money situation now Usmanov isn't around isn't anywhere near as stable as it should be or (c) both (a) and (b).

I have an inkling that there's worse to come out about whats going on behind the scenes or with the financials. Too many odd happenings so close together cannot be explained as coincidental, and neither does it fit that all those in senior management are all completely incompetent. If that was the case, then by sheer luck they'd get the odd decision correct.
Yes, the Usmanov situation is really the root of the problem. Sanctions have sgafted us big time. If the money was still flowing in then we would be panic buying for sure. The Gordon money is probably balancing the books for financial rules and to avoid a 10 point deduction and certain relegation.

Well, for a start off we have, off the top of my head, dropped 11 points from winning positions (might be a point less or a point more).

Under Dyche I do not think we would surrender a lead so easily.

More importantly, it is only February 1st, we are two points from safety with nearly half the season to go.

So I for one ain’t going to behave like some Chicken Licken, wandering around thinking the sky was about to cave in on him.

No matter who else is up for it, I am up for this fight even if the only contribution I can make is shouting myself hoarse in the Bullens ;)
Yeah it's a mountain to climb but it it's doable.

With Dyche's opening interview, where his (provided) script was to talk about "making the current crop shine"....do we really expect anyone to be coming in?!

Good luck with that....go join the board and polish that steaming pile ;)

They couldv sacked Frank before the wc and do a thorough search on a well thought out profile. Maybe interim untill the summer and then install new manager like with Ten Hag. And 45 million on a chelsea reject not reasonable? Everton and not reasonable offers? All theyve done is handing out huge payments to laughable players that contributed nothing.Its THE reason why the club has do much ffp problems

The £45mil bid that Everton denied making for Gallagher?

That bid?

The club should have either sacked Lampard during the world cup or backed him with forwards.

To be honest, if we sack Lampard before WC, the fans MUST have an immediate protest. They would said the board should give a proper window to setup the attacking form.
For me, the worst thing is we cant sign a player at the beginning of Jan. Of course, I would say the poor performance is on the match tactics rather than the players. But we should be aware of the problem and make changes earlier.
To talk the sack of Lampard, we should do it after southampton rather than westham games. Losing two major games with the same way, it cant be acceptable.

Last edited:
The most needy squad in the league signed nobody. Reliant on a striker who doesnt score and not even fit half the time.
The whole of january and not even a loan or two.

You may have just finally put the nail in the coffin.

From the lies about headlocks to failing the club on the playing field, you're not fit to run a club at this level.

All on you Dyche to perform miracles.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back