January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIth the disaster of a window im a little bit surprised they didnt sell Branthwaite for the £15mil offer.

Sounds like we only made 2 formal offers all window.

£2mil loan for Sarr with £30mil obligation if we stay up.:

1: Hes not worth that
2: Why would Watford take that deal?

Then also a washed up Ayew who was never getting a work permit.

At some point surely the owner, board, DOF or manager must have clicked that this wasnt good enough...

I dont believe they made a 'real' offer for Sulemana.

Beto was another linked all window and theyve waited until the last minute.

Its just stupid.

Well, for a start off we have, off the top of my head, dropped 11 points from winning positions (might be a point less or a point more).

Under Dyche I do not think we would surrender a lead so easily.

More importantly, it is only February 1st, we are two points from safety with nearly half the season to go.

So I for one ain’t going to behave like some Chicken Licken, wandering around thinking the sky was about to cave in on him.

No matter who else is up for it, I am up for this fight even if the only contribution I can make is shouting myself hoarse in the Bullens ;)
We've scored 15 goals in 20 games. We have to be able to take a lead before not surrendering it. Our strikers have a combined total of 2 goals. Our top scorer has a whopping 5. We've just sold out second top scorer and brought no one in.

I'm not Mr Doomsday, but the writing is on the wall. We probably need about 7 wins from the last 18 minimum and I just don't see where they are going to come from, especially all the opportunities we've thrown away against teams around us.

Which 3 do you think will be going down? I do not see 3 worse teams than us this year.

You think we made no signings because of Dyche? You don't think it's because we're getting relegated, the atmosphere is toxic or that we're the worst run club in professional football? Blip? Ha!! This isn't a blip! Lampard wasn't building anything.

You don't think that our financial situation had any impact? Scrambling for loans and pennies up front deals.

You think it's all because of a guy who's been here 36 hours of a 31 day transfer window.

I can smell the roses very clearly. They smell of horse manure.
I've literally never said that the reason we haven't signed anyone is Sean Dyche. I'm not angry at him, I'm angry at the people that picked him same as you are.

It's not black and white. I can blame Moshiri and the board for their failings in this transfer window and equally think that we would be better off with another manager.

Also I don't think Lampard was building anything or that this is a blip OBVIOUSLY lol I think you've misunderstood.

Dyche is a far better manager than Lampard. Just saying he's not someone that's going to appeal to players or agents.

Who will be sold at the end of this season...

Dominic Calvert-Lewin...Pickford...Godfrey...Onana...anybody else?
I can see a lot going but not to top clubs and not for top dollar prices. Iwobi would join your list. Tarkowski too. Gray might be a low fee gamble for someone. Maupay, the fullbacks, Holgate and Keane might be a struggle. Onana would go but it might be for a loss.

Miserable times mate.

We've scored 15 goals in 20 games. We have to be able to take a lead before not surrendering it. Our strikers have a combined total of 2 goals. Our top scorer has a whopping 5. We've just sold out second top scorer and brought no one in.

I'm not Mr Doomsday, but the writing is on the wall. We probably need about 7 wins from the last 18 minimum and I just don't see where they are going to come from, especially all the opportunities we've thrown away against teams around us.

Which 3 do you think will be going down? I do not see 3 worse teams than us this year.

Indeed,

And we have done so on at least 8 occasions this season,

If we can take the lead in 8 of our remaining games and hold in to it we are safe, Colonel.

Keep the faith, mate :pint2:

The best thing this board can do if they had any shred of dignity is resign, they’ve let there power mad narcissistic stubbornness ruin this club, we’re now bereft of hope and they’ve left us rudderless in the ocean. I have no words for the contempt I hold these people in for doing this great club a huge disservice

At the end of the summer transfer window I felt we had a side capable of not even being in the mix for relegation. Some terrible management by Lampard has put us there but some good management from Dyche could get us out.

The main concern is the strength in depth on the wings up front what could happen if DCL is injured. I guess we would be very reliant on Simms in that scenario. But i believe if DCL stays fit we can have a good go at staying up.

Look at the dross we signed last January. None of them actually made us better. Arguably Patterson is potential but the rest were all not better than what we had, so from that perspective I'm not too concerned.

Everyone see Richarlison's comments on how James Rodriguez was treated by Agent Rafael.

This club is completely rotten to the core. Its dead in the water and until this regime is gone, its not going to get any better. Today was an absolute shambles, embarrassing themselves, and worse still embarrassing us fans and making us a laughing stock because we still believe, we still absolutely love our club. Somebody somewhere has to be listening to us. Todays fiasco may finally wake up the world to what an absolute **** show our board is. They are liars, absolute frauds of the highest order. Until they are gone for good, nothing will change.

Poor Sean Dyche. He needs to be commended and given a ton of support from our fanbase because no matter how much money they are paying him, WHY in gods name would you take this on? He (probably) will fail, but it will not be his fault. Good luck sir.

When the transfer window shut today, I closed my eyes for 5 minutes and remembered, I transported myself back to the final whistle of the Bayern Munich semi final, standing in the corner of the Street End. Grown men, and women and kids crying, laughing and dancing around with pride while our heroes were cheered and applauded of the pitch. Yes, some of us had that in our lifetimes. Seems impossible, but true. I open my eyes again and tears (of a very different kind) welled up.

I feel so so sorry to all the younger Evertonians who have had to witness the decline of this mighty football club. Yes, were were mighty, once. All of us on this forum, all the Blues around the world, have been MASSIVELY let down. So many times over the last 6 or so years (actually about 28). But today was the nadir. This damn Chairman, his cronies and the team behind him need to be held accountable. They wont of course, so I hope they are sitting pretty in their wealthy homes, their flashy cars and their perfect lifestyles.....because EVERY Evertonian is waking up Tuesday feeling lost, hurt, angry and confused as to how so much of their trust and loyalty has been put into a few people to run the club they adore, yet can be kicked in the gut, ignored and lied to by those very same people.

If (when?) this regime (I'm not going to blame Dyche if it happens) takes us down to the Championship, I hope they feel proud. Proud for destroying a founding member of the football league, its legacy, and the (once) proud fanbase.

Get out Moshiri, and take your frauds with you.

WIth the disaster of a window im a little bit surprised they didnt sell Branthwaite for the £15mil offer.

Sounds like we only made 2 formal offers all window.

£2mil loan for Sarr with £30mil obligation if we stay up.:

1: Hes not worth that
2: Why would Watford take that deal?

Then also a washed up Ayew who was never getting a work permit.

At some point surely the owner, board, DOF or manager must have clicked that this wasnt good enough...
Or, it must be clear to the board now that part of a managers job is to pull other players in. When prospects now choose psv einhoven over Everton...what was they thinking hiring Dyche?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back