January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing this board can do if they had any shred of dignity is resign, they’ve let there power mad narcissistic stubbornness ruin this club, we’re now bereft of hope and they’ve left us rudderless in the ocean. I have no words for the contempt I hold these people in for doing this great club a huge disservice
I’m not saying I disagree, but seriously who would replace them? As long as Moshiri is owner and we’re in this perilous situation, it isn’t changing.

Kenwright isn’t going to release his grip on the club, while Moshiri will want his yes men and women on the board. The rest are to some extent irrelevant.

We are quite clearly in a financial mess and with a management structure that is well known to be dysfunctional. Is BMD dragging us down too?

Whilst it's obviously very disappointing to not have signed anyone, I'm glad we didn't end up stuck with another Cenk Tosun in our desperation to sign anyone. We spent £25 million on him, plus another £25 million in wages and did he help us?

Dyche will use Simms up front now I would imagine, which again is preferable to paying £20 million for another Championship striker. At least this way we can pay to get the stadium finished and secure the long term future of the club, long after this useless set of custodians have departed.

And as for people saying it's Dyche's fault we didn't sign anyone, nobody signed for Bournemouth or Southampton because Gary O'Neill or Nathan Jones are their managers.

Sorry for the positive post.

IF by some miracle Dyche keeps us up then we'll at least have this year with a negative spend. That will help us in the following 2 seasons with FFP.

Massive IF though

….I just wonder how this will play out. Can see the media being fed the ‘everybody we approached turned us down’ line.

Fans have every right to feel angry but we must control protest and not play into the Boards hands by giving them ammunition to blame fans. It’s difficult, but fan groups need to have a joined-up approach and prove the ineptitude.

Everything is against us, I can even see us increasingly get more bad refereeing decisions. The only chance we have is to have a siege mentality and fairly fight for our top flight existence.

Whilst it's obviously very disappointing to not have signed anyone, I'm glad we didn't end up stuck with another Cenk Tosun in our desperation to sign anyone. We spent £25 million on him, plus another £25 million in wages and did he help us?

Dyche will use Simms up front now I would imagine, which again is preferable to paying £20 million for another Championship striker. At least this way we can pay to get the stadium finished and secure the long term future of the club, long after this useless set of custodians have departed.

And as for people saying it's Dyche's fault we didn't sign anyone, nobody signed for Bournemouth or Southampton because Gary O'Neill or Nathan Jones are their managers.

Tosun did help us that first half season. He was quite clinical actually considering we created like 1/2 chances a game. Scored 5 goals from 19 shots over 14 games. Even the top strikers don’t have a goal per shot return as good as that usually (except Haaland)

There is no excuse for no loans

….I just wonder how this will play out. Can see the media being fed the ‘everybody we approached turned us down’ line.

Fans have every right to feel angry but we must control protest and not play into the Boards hands by giving them ammunition to blame fans. It’s difficult, but fan groups need to have a joined-up approach and prove the ineptitude.

Everything is against us, I can even see us increasingly get more bad refereeing decisions. The only chance we have is to have a siege mentality and fairly fight for our top flight existence.

I agree 100%. Regardless of this complete s***show we must make Goodison the most hostile it as ever been for visiting teams and whatever happens we must back Dyche and whomever he selects. BUT WE MUAT NOT SELF HARM and by that I mean pitch invasions and the like, if that happens we will get points deductions. So fcuk the board, the media etc and live and breathe that siege mentality, it’s the only way now I’m afraid.

Said it on another thread but just to reiterate; we stay up and Blue Bill will be all over the media stating he new that bringing in a player or two in the January window would not have helped as we stayed up and can now concentrate on next season,we go down and he says we didn’t buy as he was preparing up for life in the championship ad only wants to buy players that will get us up first time.

Win, win for him, [Poor language removed] football for us.

I hope we’ll be able to look back on this disastrous window and see it as a turning point. Hopefully Moshiri and his inept board are forced out. At least the net gain of £40million softens some of the financial hit if (when?!) we go down. The Kean and inevitable Pickford sale should cover most of the loss relegation brings. Can only hope we manage to mirror what Burnley have done and have a reset ready to come back up with purpose and a plan, which can only happen if the morons at the top are forced out. Back Dyche and the team, force out the board and owner.

Three new signings that were promised are approaching finch farm as we speak

GettyImages-961114482.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back