January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Gallagher Chelsea's Gallagher? If so, wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, reckon he's massively overrated.

It's hard though in the middle because if we stay up and Dyche stays you need two who can play together in a 4-4-2 and most modern CM's are used to 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with some cover. I'd like to think we could keep Onana and Garner but it's whether they could survive without a shield.

Summer and Jan window I had some listed (https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-summer-transfer-thread-2022.114419/post-9761941):

CDM
Ladislav Krejci (Sparta Prague) - Just sold their star player for £12m so somewhere under that. Reminds me of Matic when he was good.
Amadou Onana (Lille) - He's 6'5" need I say more?
Lucas Gourna (Saint-Etienne) - Might get ripped off and very young but Kante comparisons already.
James Garner (Man U) - Bit different to the others, maybe in the CM role and maybe a loan but seems decent.
Fredrik Aursnes (Feyenoord) - Wildcard pick from only a few viewings in the Conference League but gets around the pitch and looks a nuisance.

CM
Alex Scott (Bristol City) - Might get ripped off because he's English but great all round midfielder.
Enzo Le Fee (Lorient) - Tenacious and a passing master, average French side so won't be expensive. Linked away.
Nico Seiwald (RB Salzburg) - Most expensive on the list but baller. Last rumour was €20m.
Lewis O'Brien (Huddersfield) - Linked last Summer to Leeds for under £10m and now failed to get promoted so price won't be any different.

Abdou Harroui (Sassuolo) - Bit of a random one but I've enjoyed watching him play - does a bit of everything.
Jason Knight (Derby) - 12 months left on contract, snip for a few mill.

Some other "cheaper" players I'd add:

Ramiz Zerrouki (Twente)
Adem Zorgane (Charleroi)
Bryan Heynen (Genk)
Arthur Vermeeren (Antwerp)
Anton Stach (Mainz)
Arne Engels (Augsburg)
Manuel Ugarte (Sporting)
Tim Iroegbunam (Villa)
Ardon Jashiri (Luzern)
Dan Neil (Sunderland)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Morten Frendrup (Genoa)
Jean Onana (Lens)

Yes, Chelsea's Gallagher we supposedly offered £45mil for in Jan....£25mil for Sheffield Uniteds Ndiaye.

So Im assuming theres cash for someone im that position at least.

Garner and Onana are all rounders so I think they would be good in a 2. But then would that mean an attacking midfielder ahead of them or something like a 442?

I think we'd need to have a system where we have an advanced midfielder / 10 so theres not big games between midfield and the forward(s). So perhaps a 4231 ?

We'd still need another midfielder added to Gana, Onana, Garner so we'd have 4 players competing + an advanced midfielder to compete with Doucoure.

From the names listed, Scott, Ugarte snd and Le Fee are the ones who Id expect to have the most impact. I think Scott may ve valued at around £25mil but the other two might be expensive.

Yes, Chelsea's Gallagher we supposedly offered £45mil for in Jan....£25mil for Sheffield Uniteds Ndiaye.

Garner and Onana are all rounders so I think they would be good in a 2. But then would that mean an attacking midfielder ahead of them or something like a 442?

I think we'd need to have a system where we have an advanced midfielder / 10 so theres not big games between midfield and the forward(s). So perhaps a 4231 ?

We'd still need another midfielder added to Gana, Onana, Garner so we'd have 4 players competing + an advanced midfielder to compete with Doucoure.

From the names listed, Scott, Ugarte snd and Le Fee are the ones who Id expect to have the most impact. I think Scott may ve valued at around £25mil but the other two might be expensive.

Alex Scott is destined for better than Everton.

100%.

Is Gallagher Chelsea's Gallagher? If so, wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, reckon he's massively overrated.

It's hard though in the middle because if we stay up and Dyche stays you need two who can play together in a 4-4-2 and most modern CM's are used to 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with some cover. I'd like to think we could keep Onana and Garner but it's whether they could survive without a shield.

Summer and Jan window I had some listed (https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-summer-transfer-thread-2022.114419/post-9761941):

CDM
Ladislav Krejci (Sparta Prague) - Just sold their star player for £12m so somewhere under that. Reminds me of Matic when he was good.
Amadou Onana (Lille) - He's 6'5" need I say more?
Lucas Gourna (Saint-Etienne) - Might get ripped off and very young but Kante comparisons already.
James Garner (Man U) - Bit different to the others, maybe in the CM role and maybe a loan but seems decent.
Fredrik Aursnes (Feyenoord) - Wildcard pick from only a few viewings in the Conference League but gets around the pitch and looks a nuisance.

CM
Alex Scott (Bristol City) - Might get ripped off because he's English but great all round midfielder.
Enzo Le Fee (Lorient) - Tenacious and a passing master, average French side so won't be expensive. Linked away.
Nico Seiwald (RB Salzburg) - Most expensive on the list but baller. Last rumour was €20m.
Lewis O'Brien (Huddersfield) - Linked last Summer to Leeds for under £10m and now failed to get promoted so price won't be any different.

Abdou Harroui (Sassuolo) - Bit of a random one but I've enjoyed watching him play - does a bit of everything.
Jason Knight (Derby) - 12 months left on contract, snip for a few mill.

Some other "cheaper" players I'd add:

Ramiz Zerrouki (Twente)
Adem Zorgane (Charleroi)
Bryan Heynen (Genk)
Arthur Vermeeren (Antwerp)
Anton Stach (Mainz)
Arne Engels (Augsburg)
Manuel Ugarte (Sporting)
Tim Iroegbunam (Villa)
Ardon Jashiri (Luzern)
Dan Neil (Sunderland)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Morten Frendrup (Genoa)
Jean Onana (Lens)
O’Brien might be available in summer. I doubt Musah and Iroegbunam would be available to us.

I think anyone with pace walks into our team in attack to be honest.

From what I've seen that Alex Scott is an absolute talent and better and bigger clubs will be sniffing around him.

Thought he was playing mostly in central midfield this season?

If a top side signed him Im not sure he'd be certain of game times...which he would probably get with us.

If a top side signed him Im not sure he'd be certain of game times...which he would probably get with us.
I agree Someone more at our level would be good for him. We in particular might have to shift 1 or 2 to make room for him though and I think we might need to prioritise other positions

My point is that clubs will be sniffing and Everton will not a favourable option. As horrible as it is to say this.... Brentford, Fulham, Brighton will also be ahead of us in any queue!

Whether he would be better developing for us or being a bit-part higher up is another question really. Wonderful talent, his performance against man City was superb and I can see the top top clubs going for him unfortunately.

Ofcourse i'd love for us to sign him, but where we are at present, we're not a first choice for anyone and I cant see us spending that cash on a Championship player.

We really didnt offer 45m for Gallagher in Jan.

I agree Someone more at our level would be good for him. We in particular might have to shift 1 or 2 to make room for him though and I think we might need to prioritise other positions

If we continue with 3 in midfield, thats currently Gana, Onana and Garner we'd have under contract...so anyone coming in gets alot of game time.

My point is that clubs will be sniffing and Everton will not a favourable option. As horrible as it is to say this.... Brentford, Fulham, Brighton will also be ahead of us in any queue!

Whether he would be better developing for us or being a bit-part higher up is another question really. Wonderful talent, his performance against man City was superb and I can see the top top clubs going for him unfortunately.

Ofcourse i'd love for us to sign him, but where we are at present, we're not a first choice for anyone and I cant see us spending that cash on a Championship player.

If we did offer the £25mil for Ndiaye then I believe thats also what Bristol City are asking...Dyche of course does seem to like recruiting from the championship too.

Id expect a young player to be attracted by the game time and (if we keep him) would probably be keen on playing alongside Onana as well.

We really didnt offer 45m for Gallagher in Jan.

According to the media we did...and £25mil for Ndiaye.

Not saying its true....but what else do we have to go on?

A few players Id like to see us go for if their sides were relegated:

Southampton: Bazunu / Lavia
Bournemouth: Billing / Quattara
Forest: Johnson / Danilo
West Ham: Paqueta / Bowen / Scamacca

Some really interesting players there.

I don't think there's a huge amount of value there to be honest. Some decent players, but not many who you would back to overperform based on the outlay needed to get them.

Agree dont think we could get a decent price quattara\ lavia would still cost alot. Would love us to try for johnson but again worried what the price would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back