January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing with that gane was though, that we battered them first half, Walcott and Calvert Lewin missed 4 or 5 sitters. We then tired second half and they scored a wonder goal. We played into their hands messing about at the back.

Ancelottis big mistake was going full strength against City a couple of days earlier. The cup game was the bigger game.

Klopp rested players and had a fresh 11. And it was hardly a youth team as claimed. I remember Milner, Mane, Firmino, Arnold etc all being involved. Lads like Phillip's are also older than Dominic Calvert-Lewin but considered youngsters for them, but they're not really. Even Jones is a first teamer.

But we should have been out of sight, like 4 or 5 up at half time. It wasnt great, but he had only been in charge about a week. When it mattered, he got results against them.
Not one of these played.

It's the single most embarrassing result we have ever had. Pedro Chirivella ran rings around a midfield on 100k a week each. Its bizarre to sugar-coat and deflect it.

If we want a striker from the Championship then Gyokeres is a better bet, more similar to Dom, can make his own goals, and less likely to get promoted with Coventry. However he is their best player and the leagues top goalscorer so i doubt he would come cheap.

He's awful, you definitely don't want him. :D

Its a big step up to the PL, it's best he stays where he is. Who knows he could be playing there next season anyway.

I think if he does go, I think it'll be a minimum of 12mil.

Why? He might not win a 100m race anytime soon but he is hardly what you would call slow either.
He looks swift but you need rapid pace to be a threat in this league or at least to be big and mobile handful whilst he can clearly finish, he falls between the stools for me based on what I've watched. I would support him if he came but I think with the options we have we need someone either really big or powerful who is great in the air, someone with skill and creativity who can play across the front line or someone absolutely rapid who can provide threat in behind.

Yes. He added to the deadwood in the squad by bringing in Allan and Doucoure for £20m+ too. I don’t get the love in for Ancelotti at all, considering he was here 18 months and achieved absolutely nothing. I have as much fondness for him as an Everton manager as Sam Allardyce.
Nothing? Christ

No choice but to spend big or playing in Div 1 next season

Think the boat will go out on Kudus if Ajax can be persuaded to sell

He's awful, you definitely don't want him. :D

Its a big step up to the PL, it's best he stays where he is. Who knows he could be playing there next season anyway.

I think if he does go, I think it'll be a minimum of 12mil.
Havent seen much of him what sort of player would you say he is also you think he could play as a two

Havent seen much of him what sort of player would you say he is also you think he could play as a two

I think he would excel in a two, playing next to a poacher or a pacy striker who is going to be in the box. He can be a bit selfish but he's improved on that.

He's top scorer but his goals isn't even the only/best part of his game. He can bully and has pace to beat defenders (albeit Championship defenders).

Watch the goals against Wigan and Swansea, I think both show his strengths and why we rate him so highly.

Last edited:
Not one of these played.

It's the single most embarrassing result we have ever had. Pedro Chirivella ran rings around a midfield on 100k a week each. Its bizarre to sugar-coat and deflect it.

I'm not trying to deflect it, I'm just giving some context.

I've had a look back, Oxlade Chamberlain, Gomes, Phillips, Milner, Lallana, Minamino and Origi all played the game. It wasnt a first 11 for them, but the idea any of the above were under 18s is laughable.

It was a bad day at the office though, and as I indicated, Ancelotti should have reated players V City so they werent dead on their feet for the cup. And the players should have taken the chances they created in the first half.

Ancelotti was only about 2 weeks into the job at that point though. In spite of that result, hes am excellent manager who left us in a much better position than most managers have of late.

Genuinely not bothered who we sign for striker until we sign some players capable of creating a chance for a striker to actually try and score.

That should be priority #1.

Pickford is tied 2nd for assists this season, with Coady and Onana all on ONE. No one else outside Iwobi has an assist, that's how bad it is.

Even Haaland would need a miracle to reach double figures in this squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back