January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

We got some good results with ancellotti before it fell off a cliff. Have to say though, the football under him was some of the worst I’ve seen. Really boring stuff
You could watch the team for 5 minutes and know exactly what the scoreline was going to be. The amount of times they were completely unprepared under Carlo was really shocking. But then you heard about how he was almost completely hands off and left everything for Davide to do.

That was under Ancelotti as well wasn’t it, when we were 2-0 up in the 94th minute of a game with +4 minutes injury time and drew.
Yes and again, nothing was said about the ref adding another minute and a half on. It was a joke. However Mina had the ball from the kick off and instead of putting it to the corner flag he gave it right back to them. Was a horrible game to be at. I remember people leaving at 2-0 with about a minute left, shaking hands etc. Cant even imagine their feelings when they got in their cars and stuck the radio on. Crazy.

Awful player scored both goals aswell, awful. Don’t even think he played for them again.

It would be nice to believe that we were actually being sensible here and not willing to match wolves on a player we don't believe is worth the price tag.
But the fact that lamps has made sure he added in the price. And his wording around working in different parameters, worries me that we are gonna be scraping around the bottom of the bargain barrel this window.

Here we go. Jan 31st 'Niall quin' comes out of Retirement to join Everton on 3yr deal !!!!

It would be nice to believe that we were actually being sensible here and not willing to match wolves on a player we don't believe is worth the price tag.
But the fact that lamps has made sure he added in the price. And his wording around working in different parameters, worries me that we are gonna be scraping around the bottom of the bargain barrel this window.

Here we go. Jan 31st 'Niall quin' comes out of Retirement to join Everton on 3yr deal !!!!
Can't agree more...I am all for looking for value out there. They got it badly wrong in the summer with maupay and mcneill when they probably thought themselves that both were good value signing. The reality is that we are going to have to take a gamble on a big player like wolves did or be extremely lucky.

Which is hardly a surprise.

If we had money to spend, the bulk of our summer business wouldn’t have consisted of frees, loans and Neal Maupays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back