January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought the idea of DOF was to identify players required and provide continuity in the type of player to fit a system if the manager changed. If Thelwell hasn't got anyone lined up thats incompetence especially taking into account the world Cup break.

He has no money to spend or very little. It’s like being asked to put a banquet on for 20 people with only a tenner to spend.

If they really wanted to back Lamps why haven't they got players in I recognise the financial issues but loans are possible, other clubs had targets lined up and secured its more gross negligence that will cost us

It’s amazing isn’t it. There has been more effort and diligence gone into making these 405 pages, then the revered Everton BoD put into decent scouting - I appreciate it is a competitive environment but the failure levels are that laughable to land a decent player either on a perm or a loan that it almost seems deliberate. If we are that conditioned to playing one attacking style meant for Calvert Lewin (and if we only want to look for PL players), I would see if Raul Jimenez is available - as unlikely as his availability is, he is a similar profile of striker who equally has his fair share of injuries but between him and DCL I would hope at least one would be available for the majority of matches

Probably £10m for Ings would keep us up. If we cannot find that money, then we deserve to finish 20th. He's by far the most attainable Premier League-proven striker available.

This is an irrelevance, we need to get out of the mentality that it’s important. A completely outdated cliche that died in the mid-00’s when Mourinho won the league with a team full of lads who’d only just come into the country.

It’s amazing isn’t it. There has been more effort and diligence gone into making these 405 pages, then the revered Everton BoD put into decent scouting - I appreciate it is a competitive environment but the failure levels are that laughable to land a decent player either on a perm or a loan that it almost seems deliberate. If we are that conditioned to playing one attacking style meant for Calvert Lewin (and if we only want to look for PL players), I would see if Raul Jimenez is available - as unlikely as his availability is, he is a similar profile of striker who equally has his fair share of injuries but between him and Dominic Calvert-Lewin I would hope at least one would be available for the majority of matches
This is our biggest problem...the club(probably Kenright) has bought into the illusion that because the Premier League is the most competitive league then other club cast offs are better than, or more assured with PL experience than looking further afield. Even City shop abroad ffs. Alvarez for 14mil and another South American Gem for 8mil last week. Meanwhile we want to pay Ings' wages and a loan fee for a Utd kid Elanga
Embarrassing management

That’s the problem , which probably sums up our mismanagement.

We can’t really buy anyone because we might be sacking the manager in a week but the manager needs players to have any chance of winning games . If we sack the manager we obviously can’t buy players until we appoint a new manager and see what style /direction he’s looking to pursue .

plus ça change

we’re f n backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.