January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats my point. Will need bodies. Was clear the wknd that Dyche doesnt trust the bench atm in close games. Either one of them could step up (or not!)
Dyche hardly made changes at Burnley it’s what he does, don’t think it’s just down to the quality on the bench

100% correct. If I recall correctly Dyche had one of the strongest benches in the league at Burnley and never used them. Stacked with internationals and game changers it was, exactly the same as ours.
😂😂😂 how stupid are you ?
So at Burnley he has a great first 11 and a crap bench. His squad would have been much of a muchness , wouldn’t have made a huge difference. Burnley fans used to go mad about how he didn’t make subs.

He decided to play a 38yr old right back twice in 3days. Our bench is a bit thin but he could have done something instead of waiting till the 90th minute. 3 games in 6 days and the likes of DCL, McNeil, Harrison have come back from injuries. Couple have put Beto on earlier, gone to a back 5 with Keane and Patterson wing back. Dropped doucoure back And put danjuma up alongside the centre forward. Or took Harrison and McNeil off moved garner wide and put danjuma on the left.

😂😂😂 how stupid are you ?
So at Burnley he has a great first 11 and a crap bench. His squad would have been much of a muchness , wouldn’t have made a huge difference. Burnley fans used to go mad about how he didn’t make subs.

He decided to play a 38yr old right back twice in 3days. Our bench is a bit thin but he could have done something instead of waiting till the 90th minute. 3 games in 6 days and the likes of DCL, McNeil, Harrison have come back from injuries. Couple have put Beto on earlier, gone to a back 5 with Keane and Patterson wing back. Dropped doucoure back And put danjuma up alongside the centre forward. Or took Harrison and McNeil off moved garner wide and put danjuma on the left.
It was a joke mate. Lighten up. Every single Everton manager we have ever had has been criticised for the same things, backing experience over youth, not making subs earlier and not changing tactics. They all do what they think is best to win the game at the relevant time. Very easy to be critical with the benefit of hindsight and you ignore all the occasions when they don't change things and we end up winning. Half time last week v West Ham most were absolutely scathing of the performance but I knew it was going to plan.

Still have Kalvin Phillips rumours would be interesting to see what dyche would do drop doucoure/onana/garner for him. We do need cover for cm with hopefully gomes moving on and another winger to come in so dobbin can get a loan
He doesn’t really play in doucoure position. But him And say a back firing dele, would give us a top 8 midfield imo, a good back 4, Keeper. A top class wide players added and we’d have a strong side

I just realised there are a few free transfers that we were linked to who are still free agents.

The likes of Xeka who is a central midfielder, Helder Costa and even Anwar El Ghazi.

I personally think we need more depth to our squad and all three of those would do that if we could get them on cheap wages until the end of the season. Given they have been without a club for a while, you’d think their demands would be lower now.

I realise El Ghazi didn’t do anything when here but I think he was never given much of a chance but from what I remember of him actually playing for Villa, he would get wide and get crosses in which is what Dyche loves.

Either way, I think we need 3 solid signing in January but these three could come in now and potentially be a huge help during the busy month of December and if they are awful and free agents for a reason then we only have them on the books until the end of this season.

I say it again, the Rooney kid is special. 17 year-old and already clutch as feck. It saddens me that he's already out of our league.

I say it again, the Rooney kid is special. 17 year-old and already clutch as feck. It saddens me that he's already out of our league.
Mentioned him previously, there are a number of talented youngsters in Demark/Norway/Sweden. Another one I have posted about is Lucas Bergvall, another 17 year old, midfielder with silky skills and who can stick a tackle in, Sebastien Nanasi, bit older at 21 but a good attacking midfielder who can also play out wide, score goals and assists. there are loads of names tbh, it's a great area for potential targets imo.

I just realised there are a few free transfers that we were linked to who are still free agents.

The likes of Xeka who is a central midfielder, Helder Costa and even Anwar El Ghazi.

I personally think we need more depth to our squad and all three of those would do that if we could get them on cheap wages until the end of the season. Given they have been without a club for a while, you’d think their demands would be lower now.

I realise El Ghazi didn’t do anything when here but I think he was never given much of a chance but from what I remember of him actually playing for Villa, he would get wide and get crosses in which is what Dyche loves.

Either way, I think we need 3 solid signing in January but these three could come in now and potentially be a huge help during the busy month of December and if they are awful and free agents for a reason then we only have them on the books until the end of this season.
El ghazi was with Mainz and has just had his contract cancelled a few days ago regarding a comment about Gaza. And I’d rather have no one than pay him 40k plus per week to just be training with us and maybe get on the bench a few times no thanks exactly the kind of players we’ve been trying to move on.

Godfrey linked to a move on several sites:

Spurs, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Burnley, Palace.

Also separately a possible loan to Rangers.

Not sure where to put this:

Marcel Brands has confirmed that Everton were interested in making a big move for Luis Diaz back in 2021, only for Rafael Benitez to shoot down the deal that eventually saw his old club Liverpool snap up the brilliant winger.

Diaz joined the Reds in January 2022 from Porto in a deal worth an initial €45million, as Jurgen Klopp jumped ahead of Premier League rivals Tottenham to snatch the 26-year-old.

The attacker has since gone on to score 15 goals in 59 games for Liverpool and struck an emotional 95th-minute equaliser during the 1-1 draw at Luton on Sund

However, things could have turned out very differently for Diaz if he had ended up on the other side of Stanley Park six months prior.

The Toffees wanted to bring in Diaz after he scored 16 goals in 28 appearances for Porto during the 2020/21 season.

However, despite only being appointed that summer, Benitez blocked the Toffees from signing the Colombia international as was “unsure on the player”.

That’s according to former Everton director of football Marcel Brands, who was working alongside Benitez before his departure in December 2021

Brands reveals Benitez error of judgment
He told AD Sportwereld: “My time at Everton was difficult, there was a lot of uncertainty surrounding the Football Club with the changing of Managers.

“I wanted to install my philosophy and structure into the Club which would allow Everton to progress but decisions from above did not allow this. In the Summer of 2021 we were looking to bring in Luis Diaz from Porto, I was working hard in making James Rodriguez go to Porto as part of the deal that would bring Diaz to the Club however Rafael Benitez (Everton Manager at the time) ruled against as he was unsure on the player.

“At this time the Manager held significant clout with the Owner. This was just one example of the difficulties I experienced as Director of Football at Everton. I’m not prepared to speak on the details of how my exit from Everton came about in respect to the Club but I believe under Sean Dyche and Kevin Thelwell the Club can get the stability it so badly needs.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back