January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way to look at this is like a numbers game. Those who will be here and at least good enough for a squad place next season:

GK: Pickford / Virginia
LB: Mykolenko
LCB: Branthwaite
RCB: Tarkowski
RB: Patterson
CM: Onana
CM: Garner
LW: McNeil / Dobbin
ACM: Doucoure
RW:
CF: DCL / Beto / Chermiti

We need a new starting right hand side as priority. We have no one at RW and Patterson isnt being used over dross.

Beyond that we need 7 players to come in and provide competition. Hopefully most develop and push into the 11 or are valuable rotation options.

For January, we need a RW and a CM. The rest we can worry about in the summer.
I think Onyango should be in with a shout, he holds the ball well and can pass at least 5 yards based on his recent showing.

The way to look at this is like a numbers game. Those who will be here and at least good enough for a squad place next season:

RW:

We need a new starting right hand side as priority. We have no one at RW and Patterson isnt being used over dross.

Beyond that we need 7 players to come in and provide competition. Hopefully most develop and push into the 11 or are valuable rotation options.

For squad filler it may be that Gana and Keane are still here.

You'd expect we want Harrison.

RW:

Agree maybe a cb aswell depending what the club want to do with godfrey. Also if they will try gor a doucoure alternative to rotate in games

You should apply @Zatara

Completed it.

@Nymzee @Simon Buttle your pathways are clear.

I think Onyango should be in with a shout, he holds the ball well and can pass at least 5 yards based on his recent showing.

By all accounts (on here) he's not looking up to the level at the moment.

For squad filler it may be that Gana and Keane are still here.

You'd expect we want Harrison.

Its possible of course and Godfrey and others as backup as well -- Im only highlighting the players 'currently' showing the ability/potential to impress at this level

Not at the quoted £20-30m which is what has been suggested, he isn't worth anything like that sort of money.

Im sure I read something about a clause for about 16m

Possibly true but it has been rumoured that Leeds want £20-30m for him which is too much imo.

A fee of £13-15mil would be tempting but when we approach £20mil territory surely theres better options...with a bit of Xfactor.

Agree maybe a cb aswell depending what the club want to do with godfrey. Also if they will try gor a doucoure alternative to rotate in games

Yes, only so much we can do in Jan though.

We’ve won a few games, let’s not pretend we’re class. We could quite conceivably switch leagues with them at the end of the season. The entitlement of some Everton fans baffles me to no end. We’re still very much crap.
There are an awful lot of people assuming that our recent form is standard. I hope they're right but recent history suggests it's just a hot patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back