January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was reading the leeds comments about us looking at that gray and he delusions that they think that leeds is equal or even better than us. I do think it is the right move to look to be getting young talent into to be the move before stepping up again but is getting them in at the right price

Was reading the leeds comments about us looking at that gray and he delusions that they think that leeds is equal or even better than us. I do think it is the right move to look to be getting young talent into to be the move before stepping up again but is getting them in at the right price

I think it’s delusional to suggest they aren’t at our level. We were both relegation fodder but thankfully we stayed up last game of the season. Could just as easily be us in the Championship right now.

I think it’s delusional to suggest they aren’t at our level. We were both relegation fodder but thankfully we stayed up last game of the season. Could just as easily be us in the Championship right now.
Yeah it could have been but we didnt go down the club is in a much stronger position. With hopefully us staying up new stadium ect and increased revenue. I do think the club can be in a strong position once we get the off field stuff sorted. Leeds will have a tough job coming up is a hard league to get out of then players could want out if not up. Also is a big step up for players if they do come up

Yeah it could have been but we didnt go down the club is in a much stronger position. With hopefully us staying up new stadium ect and increased revenue. I do think the club can be in a strong position once we get the off field stuff sorted. Leeds will have a tough job coming up is a hard league to get out of then players could want out if not up. Also is a big step up for players if they do come up

We’ve won a few games, let’s not pretend we’re class. We could quite conceivably switch leagues with them at the end of the season. The entitlement of some Everton fans baffles me to no end. We’re still very much crap.

We’ve won a few games, let’s not pretend we’re class. We could quite conceivably switch leagues with them at the end of the season. The entitlement of some Everton fans baffles me to no end. We’re still very much crap.
I kno this team is far from what i want it be and is very ordinary, but at the same time you cant say that we dont have players to build a squad with. Yes we can change leagues but at this time i am not wrong saying that everton is in a better position. Is not being entiled that is a fact at this time. I dont think this team or squad is class at all we still need alot more to it but hopefully with us having a strong jan and summer window, keeping the players we have now aswell this squad could be alot better

Our leage in the bottom 10 this year. The target then has to be to compete against, WHU, Brighton amd Brentford over a season next.

We need to knocking those clubs for space with our elbows in a year or two, there is definitely a market for young players of potential to choose clubs on the up with a track record of giving youngsters time and development in the PL mate.

Giving opportunities to the likes of Branthwaite, Garner and a lessor extent to others really helps us sell ourselves to the younger better players hoping to make a step up mate.

Last edited:
Our leage in the bottom 10 this year. The target then has to be to compete against, WHU, Brighton amd Brentford over a season next.

We need to knocking those clubs for space with our elbows in a year or two, there is definitely a market for young players of potential to choose clubs on the up with a track record of giving youngsters time and de elopement in the PL mate.

Giving opportunities to the likes of Branthwaite, Garner and a lessor extent to others really helps us sell ourselves to the younger better players hoping to make a step up mate.
That, and the lack of alternatives on the roster. A young player like that who signs for United or City is looking at a series of loans, with no clear pathway afterward.

We need to knocking those clubs for space with our elbows in a year or two, there is definitely a market for young players of potential to choose clubs on the up with a track record of giving youngsters time and de elopement in the PL mate.

100% agree with you is what i hope we will be looking at in cm cb and out on the wings ect so we have a mix. With the dof we could see that now with chermitti, is why i will be looking see what he tries to do in jan if we have money.

That, and the lack of alternatives on the roster. A young player like that who signs for United or City is looking at a series of loans, with no clear pathway afterward.

It’s working the angle of the middle step mate, you get lads at particularly Chelsea and City have a high bar to get in to, those teams so where do they go….look at someone like Douglas Luiz at Villa, even Harrison here came from the City group. There is a step down from the top.

Then if your like say Alex Scott or James Maddison your looking for a mid table club, with a track record for giving opportunity to young players to step up and develop their careers maybe that’s your Clarkes, Whartons, Summerville or Gnontos at the moment, they want a club who are relatively stable, we’re you build a profile over three or four years, this is the market we need to elbow our way in. Because he a few years yet before we can spend anything resembling competitive PL prices for good players in a competitive open PL peer market in my opinion

It’s working the angle of the middle step mate, you get lads at particularly Chelsea and City have a high bar to get in to, those teams so where do they go….look at someone like Douglas Luiz at Villa, even Harrison here came from the City group. There is a step down from the top.

Then if your like say Alex Scott or James Maddison your looking for a mid table club, with a track record for giving opportunity to young players to step up and develop their careers maybe that’s your Clarkes, Whartons, Summerville or Gnontos at the moment, they want a club who are relatively stable, we’re you build a profile over three or four years, this is the market we need to elbow our way in. Because he a few years yet before we can spend anything resembling competitive PL prices for good players in a competitive open PL peer market in my opinion
Wish we could have got that scott even gibbs-white if the price was alot cheaper

Wish we could have got that scott even gibbs-white if the price was alot cheaper

We might yet, if either went down it’s open season.

In Gibbs White case, it was good we targeted him, equally Kudus. I think we tried for Ndiye as well. I think we’re after that type of playmaker and creativity. Wel get one, but I like the ones we seem to be targeting, each one on the cusp of fulfilling potential as well - at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back