January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane is the worst of the three. Ideally you play neither, but if the options are:

Tarkowski Branthwaite Godfrey Keane

Or

Tarkowski Branthwaite Godfrey Holgate plus a few mill that could go to a new signing

Then I’ll take option B

We could probably then still sell Holgate in the summer. Either way we need to move both out but the sooner Michael Keane is out of the football club the better as far as I’m concerned. He can single handedly destroy everything Dyche has tried to build here. Given our league position, we can’t afford for him to play any games.
The manager's opinion is clearly that Holgate is lower down the pecking order than those 2, and I agree with him.

I mean you can do the exact same scenario but just sell Holgate.

Then we keep Keane though. That’s the worst outcome of all. Were an injury or two away from him being in the first team every week.

We’ve looked good recently but how many of those wins turn to a defeat if we’d conceded first because that carthorse ballsed up again. Its our Pl survival on the line if the points deduction sticks and is feel a lot more confident in that if Keane was not even on the payroll.

Then we keep Keane though. That’s the worst outcome of all. Were an injury or two away from him being in the first team every week.

We’ve looked good recently but how many of those wins turn to a defeat if we’d conceded first because that carthorse ballsed up again. Its our Pl survival on the line if the points deduction sticks and is feel a lot more confident in that if Keane was not even on the payroll.
Holgate is even worse than Keane though. We all saw how he played last season.

Il keep banging the drum - Dendonker covers CB and CM while Gana is at AFCON and there is links on loan.

As a loan it makes perfect sense in this team.

We can speculate as much as we want but we have no real clue how much money or room we have according to financial rules.

For all we know, we could be banking on getting Gomes and Dele off the books in January and if we can’t, we might need to sell someone else to make up that shortfall.

Alternatively, we could have new owners who can find or borrow some money and financial rules allow us to buy a few players or fill our loan spots.

Nobody really knows besides those in the club and at present, I don’t think we NEED anyone to come in unless we get injuries.

Kind of. But we need to look at CM profiles.

Lose Garner / Onana and were left with Gomes -- not Gana at AFCON.

Right wing if Dobbin moves left/right may be ok but still...a young player (yawn typical zat) would be a good move with Harrison only on loan -- who we shouldnt make permanent.

Think we need a centre mid for when gana goes to Afcon.
Ronnie edwards from Peterborough as centre back, supposed to be next best thing wouldn’t cost a bomb and could develop like branthwaite

Agreed. I mentioned him a year or two ago simply due to the profile i think (cant remember).

I’d be looking at Dan Ballard as a future CB in the same mould as Tarky

Who :o

Holgate is worse than Godfrey and Keane. Why would we want to bring him back?

Mate, mate, mate...

No one is worse than Keane.

But we wont sell both keane and godfrey so if we could sell one id welcome back holgate as a stopgap.

Sell 2 if possible and bring in someone to develop over the rest of the season / or a loan.

Roony Bardji
Billing
Brownhill
harwood bellis IF we sell JB
lucas bergvall

Billing is really underrated. Said for a long time.

Harwood belis im confused why burnley didnt sign him after his loan.

Bergval / bergvali (sp) and Bardji(sp) @Simon Buttle mentioned before.

If we can punt some deadwood and bring in loans id be fine with that and a couple of kids to develop.

Most important is to keep:
Branthwaite
Onana
Mykolenko
Tarkowski
Patterson (until the penny drops for dyche)
Garner
Mcneil

I have a question...

Why have we not had public (media) links for Pickford recently? Super keeper but for us and our growth hes now at the prime (for a year already) to sell and reinvest ?

Same goes for DCL in terms of actual offers...

I would expect both to be in demand.

As a loan it makes perfect sense in this team.

Kind of. But we need to look at CM profiles.

Lose Garner / Onana and were left with Gomes -- not Gana at AFCON.

Right wing if Dobbin moves left/right may be ok but still...a young player (yawn typical zat) would be a good move with Harrison only on loan -- who we shouldnt make permanent.

Agreed. I mentioned him a year or two ago simply due to the profile i think (cant remember).

Who :eek:

Mate, mate, mate...

No one is worse than Keane.

But we wont sell both keane and godfrey so if we could sell one id welcome back holgate as a stopgap.

Sell 2 if possible and bring in someone to develop over the rest of the season / or a loan.

Billing is really underrated. Said for a long time.

Harwood belis im confused why burnley didnt sign him after his loan.

Bergval / bergvali (sp) and Bardji(sp) @Simon Buttle mentioned before.

If we can punt some deadwood and bring in loans id be fine with that and a couple of kids to develop.

Most important is to keep:
Branthwaite
Onana
Mykolenko
Tarkowski
Patterson (until the penny drops for dyche)
Garner
Mcneil

Burnley had a bit of a brain fart after getting promotion. The two players who contributed the most (Harwood Ellis and Tella) were deemed not good enough for the EPL, ok but they didn't really get anything better in.

I have a question...

Why have we not had public (media) links for Pickford recently? Super keeper but for us and our growth hes now at the prime (for a year already) to sell and reinvest ?

DCL has been fit for a relatively short amount of time compared to how long he was unfit so clubs may still be wary. If he sees out the season without serious issues there will be big interest as a lot of top clubs really lack a big 9 like him. Next summer he either needs to be extended or sold.

I have a question...

The links will grow greater for both if the takeover doesn't go through. Those two plus Branthwaite will catch the highest fees with the lowest asset write off.

Burnley had a bit of a brain fart after getting promotion. The two players who contributed the most (Harwood Ellis and Tella) were deemed not good enough for the EPL, ok but they didn't really get anything better in.

Harwood belis seemed a shoe in for premier league teams...its a strange one all round.

Perhaps theres something 'fans' miss behind the scenes?

Who knows?

same thing every window “sell keane holgate gomes etc “ no one wants them otherwise they’d be long gone

Turkish and Saudi clubs bid for Gomes in summer.

As for Holgate/ keane its the iwobi discussion again.

Godfrey linked elsewhere....

wouldn't suprise me to see us go in for someone like Ben Mee in the january market for a low fee just as backup

He must be close to retirement now?

DCL has been fit for a relatively short amount of time compared to how long he was unfit so clubs may still be wary. If he sees out the season without serious issues there will be big interest as a lot of top clubs really lack a big 9 like him. Next summer he either needs to be extended or sold.

What would you put his value at in Jan and also summer if he remains fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back