January transfer window 2024

Wingers is one area we don't need!

In my opinion we need a right back and centre half as priorities

How many wingers do we own?
How many centre backs do we own?
How many right backs do we own?

We need to make sure we get our best players tied down. We have Pickford and Branthwaite done, get DCL done. Then we can either use them to stay in the division, or sell them if we get relegated or are in major financial troubles.

Need to tie Onana down long term as well.

How many loans do we have left?

I would be amazed if we spent any money in Jan (without a sale).

Stadium costs, getting sued, takeover at risk, possible administration.

If ever there was a time to go with what we have, this is it.

Not at the quoted £20-30m which is what has been suggested, he isn't worth anything like that sort of money.

Guess there's a complication aswell if Leeds come straight back up. Can't remember if he wanted out just to continue playing prem football or they wanted to save on wages for a year but ultimately he's well liked by their fanbase and was a regular starter so feels obvious for them to get him back.

Can see them offering Dan James instead, that feels a very Dyche signing based on how he plays.

Football Insider saying...

DCL will be offered a new deal soon.

Dyche wants 2 wingers and a centre mid in Jan.

Kalvin Phillips been linked hasn't he? He's just wasting his career on the bench at Man. City and proved at Leeds he can be excellent DM at this level so would be a fantastic replacement for Gana even in the short term.

Trouble is you read stuff like Newcastle are interested and with their injuries this season and Tonali out for a year he'd probably fancy that move if there's serious interest from them.

Considering the fact we have one actual LB in the entire squad I don’t believe the word arguably is required there.

Talking of Myko I imagine he'll be getting a contract extension pretty soon. He's done very well in last few weeks. He's a trier for sure which in the present situation is a big plus. Not far off two years so I presume his contract is running down unless it was five years when he signed?/

When Coleman is back in matchday squad I imagine Young will be option to move across to LB in situations.