January transfer window 2024

We have had plenty of interest over the years but the wages always put a stop to everything. Mad putting him on those wages.

….true, but on a sliding scale it gets to a point when a 3 year deal on less money with a signing fee becomes more lucrative than his current contract. Saying that, you couldn’t blame him for running his current deal down.

Godfrey is turbo gash as it Keane ..

But we would likely get most of our money back if we sold them… trouble is nobody wants to buy them as they aren’t playing.

If he gets into the team and gets 30 games or so a season, he will be worth 20m minimum
Just because you play 30 games for Palace doesn’t make you worth a lot of money 🤣. Will Hughes plays a lot of games for palace

Even if he turns out to be bang average they will at least recoup most of the money.

Very likely to make a profit … a good signing from a business sense and they have recruited well from the championship previously
I know loads of people think and say this but its not true at all they're paying for his potential if he turns out to be bang average they'll lose loads of money on him just like you would on any player who isn't as good as you thought they would be people get obsessed with buying certain types of players and pretend its a foolproof strategy. Well if it was everybody would be doing it successfully wouldn't they.

Just because you play 30 games for Palace doesn’t make you worth a lot of money 🤣. Will Hughes plays a lot of games for palace

I said 30 games a season , meaning he would be an established prem player.

And FYI , 20m is no longer “ a lot of money “ in this league .

Even if he doesn’t establish himself they would be able to sell him for 10m or so in a couple of seasons to a championship club and it would not go down as a loss on PSR.

These are the kind of signings we should be making .

And before you say we have no money, I’m well aware of that. I’m just saying that I think palace are doing the right things and recruiting sensibly thats all