Japan Earthquake/Tsunami

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're in a bad situation: they're trying to keep a lid on panic, so you can understand them wanting outside views on the status of the plant to disappear. But they've let Tepco tell lies about the plant for years, so they cant have it both ways.

Principle 21 of the Stockholm Declaration

Means they can't hide something that affects their neighbouring nations.

Plus undertakings to the UN. So even though Japan's a sovereign nation, the US has a big say on whats steps must be taken as the US has the technology and resources to throw at it.

This was one reason they invited in the US NRC members yesterday.

EDIT: Also the International Atomic Energy Agency Convention on Nuclear Safety in 1994

Last edited:

Plus undertakings to the UN. So even though Japan's a sovereign nation, the US has a big say on whats steps must be taken as the US has the technology and resources to throw at it.

This was one reason they invited in the US NRC members yesterday.

They want the expertise, they dont want the blind panic that experts shooting from the lip can induce. Which is understandable given the circumstances. I agree though, treating the population like adults is the way forward...and the public appear only to be partly swallowing the official line anyway.

They want the expertise, they dont want the blind panic that experts shooting from the lip can induce. Which is understandable given the circumstances. I agree though, treating the population like adults is the way forward...and the public appear only to be partly swallowing the official line anyway.

Andreas Persbo, director of the London-based Verification Research, Training and Information Centre, has told Bloomberg that although Japan is legally obliged to provide information to the IAEA and its member states, officials in Tokyo simply may not be able to do so. "In a crisis situation, the only ones that really know what is going on are at the site and they don't have time to pick up the telephone," he explained.

One reason I was saying to watch what the US military is saying.

As they'll give indications of exactly what is going on.

Last edited:

maybe they will say its for research purposes and they need more radiation leaks on an annual basis to confirm their findings so to hell with other nations

Just for info dont know if anyone picked up on it but several of Marseille's fans were disrespectful during the minute silence last night and it was cut short because of the pissed up dickheads ( Heard it loud and clear on telly)

I didnt go the game last night but my mate sits near the away fans who told me about it. At one point they started to sing and more than a few shouted out resulting in the silence being cut short . Old Trafford let them know what they thought once the minute silence had come to an end.

****ing bellends

Imagine if that had been English supporters !!!!

Do you even know what you're saying? Ur clueless lad.

well erm.................... the japanese authorities have lied up to now about the seriousness of the damage/leakage from the nuclear reactors and its my opinion that i wouldnt trust them with your pocket money (even though that may be the princely sum of 5 pounds) it would be nice if they stopped fibbing.feel free to correct me if i`m wrong Matt or disappear from this thread if you cant find anything you think is smart to say.

well erm.................... the japanese authorities have lied up to now about the seriousness of the damage/leakage from the nuclear reactors and its my opinion that i wouldnt trust them with your pocket money (even though that may be the princely sum of 5 pounds) it would be nice if they stopped fibbing.feel free to correct me if i`m wrong Matt or disappear from this thread if you cant find anything you think is smart to say.

You're wrong.

And there's a reason your pocket money amounts to only 5 pounds. U r clueless lad.

Not only that you've added nothing remotely worth discussing in this thread.

Back to topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back