2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Sadly don't think we'll be able to afford this luxury.

Its a question alright mate, but i dont think we should just accept with resignation.

We need to look at what WHU did with Rice, turn down bids, show resolve, get the benifit, ramp up the interest, create tension and someone then pays more money.

He will be worth double what he is now in three years.

We need to think of this as an investment and compound.

Its a question alright mate, but i dont think we should just except with resignation.

We need to look at what WHU did with Rice, turn down bids, show resolve, get the benifit, ramp up the interest, create tension and someone then pays more money.

Oh no I agree, and we should - but I don't think we genuinely can, as we'll need money and we have little to no assets.

It's either him, Onana or both gone soon to pay off the sharks.

Oh no I agree, and we should - but I don't think we genuinely can, as we'll need money and we have little to no assets.

It's either him, Onana or both gone soon to pay off the sharks.

Why is it though? - Thats a rhetorical question.

Stadium finance is apparently ring fenced, wage bill is down, apparently we've made a profit.

Not saying we dont need the money, but we should always ask the question - why do we need the money (again).

At what point should we not accept selling our best players - especially if we think its better to sell them in the future.

Richarlison, Gordon, Kean, Iwobi, Gray and more .......thats a lot of money in 12 months - i need to be explained to why "we have" to sell more.

Last edited:
I'd sell Onana every day of the week before this lad and I'm a Onana fan.
A 6ft5 aggressive, two footed ball playing CH that runs the 100m in about 7 seconds, if he continues on the same trajectory as past 18 months it will be a bidding war from City/Real when it comes time to cash in.
City spunked near £80m on Gvardiol after a decent World Cup and he's not lighting any fires, Branthwaite has to be worth more than that.

Its a question alright mate, but i dont think we should just accept with resignation.

He could spend the next three years in and out with injuries though and he certainly won't be worth double then. Come the summer I think there will be a bit of a fight for him and I reckon he will go for about £80m to whoever puts the most of that fee upfront. Don't forget he doesn't even have an International cap yet which is going against him, get a few of them and it will elevate his value even more.

He could spend the next three years in and out with injuries though and he certainly won't be worth double then. Come the summer I think there will be a bit of a fight for him and I reckon he will go for about £80m to whoever puts the most of that fee upfront. Don't forget he doesn't even have an International cap yet which is going against him, get a few of them and it will elevate his value even more.

But if that was the guiding factor in how you approached managing your assets and transfers mate, no one ever would be bought or sold and no one make any money. In truth that variable is in the minority.

Thats just it, you have to factor in injuries.

Look at Dele, worth 150m 1 Summer, all the top clubs after him, the next Summer is worth 20p and a Twix.

80m is the world record fee for a Defender, I think its unrealistic to assume we can beat that, unless he makes The Euros squad and pops off.

If hes still here in September I will be utterly stunned.

If an offer comes in that matches the clubs value he will go it's that simple mate.
Save your energy mate, most people think we should hold out for 120m and think we sold Richarlison too cheaply.

I dont know where some people get their valuations from.

I mean this lad is special, but when he fancies a move, it will be about taking whats on the table, its not like the whole footballing world isnt aware of our issues.

He's very good but some of this talk is silly he's not got any caps and never played in the champions league he wouldn't fetch anything like 100 mil even 50 would be seen as overpaying by most. I hope we can get one more season out of him and he carries on getting better I think that can be realistic but why would he stay any longer than that it would make no sense for him and probably not for everton either.