2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends who believe, if you believe talkSPORT or Sky then we need to sell the whole squad or we’re in administration. If you believe people who’re close to the club,
They will tell you we ain’t going into administration and plenty of Evertonians are working hard behind the scenes and 2/3 parties are interested in buying us.
I genuinely think it's a bit of both. There is no doubt that parties are interested but there is also no doubting the takeover is absolute chaos and farhad needs every penny he can get

Usman.. I mean 777 sorted us out for cashflow since October. After contracts expire for Gomes, Dele, Lonergan, Harrison and Danjuma... Everton's monthly wage bill will go down by about 1.5 / 2 mil a month which will help with cashflow in the immediate.

Put it this way, I could see Branthwaite being sold to Balance the PSR books to some degree, but selling him to pay a few months bills is unthinkable. We can find a way to pay the bills, we cannot sell an 80 mil asset for half the price.

Hell, Moshiri might actually start using his own money again at some point!
777 have 'sorted' it via loans. If they don't get the club then they'll also want money back - especially given the reports around their own financial health.

Selling to pay bills isn't 'unthinkable'. Becoming a business that actively defaults on payments would be way worse. If the club could just 'find a way to pay the bills' why have they being going cap in hand to lenders for loans to cover operating costs?

He'd be silly to go to Man Utd.

He should hold out for Man City or Real Madrid.

If he goes to Utd, we should be lashing in first refusal/buy back.
That is it for me i dont blame the lad or have any problem with him moving on. I am gutted we csnt keep a talent like him but if goes because of his character when you see him playing for us giving his all. Like you say would like see him go to the top and with the mess united as a club they are just so far behind the top clubs. Maybe real is not out of the question do look short of cb

I don't think he'd be that silly. The new people in charge don't have to work absolute miracles to get them back at the top table. They're the type of club that are only ever one or two good seasons from being top of the pile again given the vast size of it.

And he will be on silly money that the other two may well not match. Doesn't strike me as a Pep player the way Stones is either.

First refusals mean nothing if the player doesn't want to go to the club with that option and a buy back will exceed the price of the sale. I think we're a fair way away from either scenario applying to Everton.

Made for city this lad ,
the RS could do with him as well but can't see that happening.
Any half decent club with money should be intrested.
He is one of those players that don't come around very often,
If he carries on he could go to the very top.
Wouldn't touch United with a barge pole.
They are in one of those patches that look like it's a rebuild job, with that at united will come pressure on the players , he can do without that .

We won't sell Branthwaite for 40mil to United. Even a club as mad as this know no supporter is ever accepting us selling our biggest playing asset for 40mil.
I would call home and get someone to have my old bedroom ready for me, book time off work, travel up and riot at the gates of Goodison if we sold him for £40m

Reactions: MJA

anything lesd than 80 would be a joke. If he leaves I would rsther see him sign for a foreign club. Am I mistaking or has he always been a lifelong man utd fan?

You can apply this to Onana too imo.

I accept we might have to sell players some fans don’t want us to… who knows we might find other gems to replace them…

… but I don’t want them rubbing it in our noses every week.

We won't sell Branthwaite for 40mil to United. Even a club as mad as this know no supporter is ever accepting us selling our biggest playing asset for 40mil.
He really, really isn’t going for 40mil.

This isn’t what we should do but if we said the first offer of 50mil gets him probably five different sporting directors would break their fingers trying to dial Thelwell the quickest.

You are never going to get a player that far under value without a release clause because the market won’t allow it.

777 have 'sorted' it via loans. If they don't get the club then they'll also want money back - especially given the reports around their own financial health.

Selling to pay bills isn't 'unthinkable'. Becoming a business that actively defaults on payments would be way worse. If the club could just 'find a way to pay the bills' why have they being going cap in hand to lenders for loans to cover operating costs?

Moshiri can fund the club himself but he's chosen not to for the last 12 months. As he has been trying to sell though so doesn't want to sink anymore money in. If it continues to be this way, we'd be in danger of administration, which Moshiri won't allow to happen as he'd stand to lose everything should that happen.

I personally believe 777 were an arm of Usmanov. New owners will restructure the debt and Everton will not be defaulting on any payments just like they haven't over the entire time the administration scaremongering began.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back