2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
His partnership with Tarkowski and Pickford is why we are still a premier league team. To us he is worth every bit of that 80m plus price tag. If what's being reported is correct about the club wanting close to a world record fee for a defender then I hope they stay true to their word. If he goes for under 50m we likely won't see a penny like we didn't see a penny of the Gordon money.
It was. I would add Gana as the 4th player in that central defensive group

His partnership with Tarkowski and Pickford is why we are still a premier league team. To us he is worth every bit of that 80m plus price tag. If what's being reported is correct about the club wanting close to a world record fee for a defender then I hope they stay true to their word. If he goes for under 50m we likely won't see a penny like we didn't see a penny of the Gordon money.
We may lose up to 150m if we’re relegated. Which is a not far from reality if we sell him and play Keane.

And yet we have folks who believe 50 is acceptable.

Opening bid at 100m at least.

We may lose up to 150m if we’re relegated. Which is a not far from reality if we sell him and play Keane.

And yet we have folks who believe 50 is acceptable.

Opening bid at 100m at least.
We ain’t getting near 100m, Everton know they have to sell him so they need a realistic price, it doesn’t matter if he’s worth that to us, he’s not worth it to anyone else.
Also if Branthwaite fancies a move then if we price him out of it, that could have an effect on him to.
I think if Everton get anything adding to £80m they will jump at it, Hopefully we add a sell on like Carlisle.

Should have started tonight but he wears the "wrong" club badge. Starting Dunk again is farcical given his terrible performance in the last friendlies - I hope he gets roasted again and Branthwaite gets a least the second half.
Think he is almost certain not to go to the euros. He has picked 3 other centre backs with the main 2 out injured.

He was I think, the only player not to get a chance in last England squad, now today without the injured defenders he is still not given a start. Dunk , we know what he can or can’t do. For goodness sake give Jarrad a chance!!!!

We ain’t getting near 100m, Everton know they have to sell him so they need a realistic price, it doesn’t matter if he’s worth that to us, he’s not worth it to anyone else.
Also if Branthwaite fancies a move then if we price him out of it, that could have an effect on him to.
I think if Everton get anything adding to £80m they will jump at it, Hopefully we add a sell on like Carlisle.
Onana’s sale will be enough to keep us afloat the next few months

It should be made clear he’s not for sale. If a club wants a figure think what Brighton would demand and start there

Think he is almost certain not to go to the euros. He has picked 3 other centre backs with the main 2 out injured.
I think you're right; England will lose with Slabhead as first choice with an out of form Stones (who is excellent when on form).

If Dunk plays at the Euros then we'll be in trouble.

I think you're right; England will lose with Slabhead as first choice with an out of form Stones (who is excellent when on form).

If Dunk plays at the Euros then we'll be in trouble.
Left side will be the undoing for England. Southgate made his call, when braithwaite was the only player not to get any mins in the last internationals. Poor management from a poor manager.

Mind boggling Dunk starts over him. Maybe Branthwaite will come on for Dunk/Guehi at half time and then start vs Iceland?

I can't see Maguire being risked to start on Friday given he's still recovering from injury, Guehi has only come back from a 3 month injury so I don't see him starting again on Friday either. I can see Stones starting with Branthwaite on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back