2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know how anybody can look at our finances and think "Yes, lets play hard ball".

Im not suggesting we roll over, but I dont think we hold the cards some people think we do.
We litterally, cave in the minute someone starts negotiating.
Agents have run us ragged with signings… el ghazi ffs and salaries of our players?
The best way to push a price up is to have more potential buyers.

We litterally, cave in the minute someone starts negotiating.
Agents have run us ragged with signings… el ghazi ffs and salaries of our players?
The best way to push a price up is to have more potential buyers.
I’m not sure that’s true, richarlison 60, Gordon 45, iwobi 20 With a year left. El ghazi was a 6 month loan, seemed to be part of the digne deal. Terrible deal, but not as bad as signing Gomes, gbamin etc

I dont know how anybody can look at our finances and think "Yes, lets play hard ball".

Im not suggesting we roll over, but I dont think we hold the cards some people think we do.

Ever since Rooney and Stretford pocketed the cheques, we have been 'a selling club'.
Theses days we are Premiership Poundland.

Not really. The price we got for Rooney at the time was considered decent. It's not a point about him not going to utd if he does he does its the point that if he does it'll be for a lot more than 40mil.
It's not about winning a argument it's about the last time I felt that we have someone special at Everton
Utd came along and took him on the cheap hence the quote I made

I actually think our public stance on the matter is the right play for once

I still don’t think we will keep him but i think if you look at what happened with brighton last season with caicedo they had no need to sell him unless their valuation was met. They rejected 60 mil, they rejected 70 and even when they rejected 80 mil everyone thought that would be it and he was going to stay at brighton. Brighton held their nerve and got 100 mil in the end rising to 115 mil. Now I know it was Chelsea doing the spending and they are a bit special at the moment especially under Todd but it shows that we have no reason to undersell Branthwaite this season unless a club is serious about signing him and is willing to match our valuation.

All this nonsense about Man Utd not going to be held to ransom etc … well move on then and sign someone else. Pay up or shut up.

I still don’t think we will keep him but i think if you look at what happened with brighton last season with caicedo they had no need to sell him unless their valuation was met. They rejected 60 mil, they rejected 70 and even when they rejected 80 mil everyone thought that would be it and he was going to stay at brighton. Brighton held their nerve and got 100 mil in the end rising to 115 mil. Now I know it was Chelsea doing the spending and they are a bit special at the moment especially under Todd but it shows that we have no reason to undersell Branthwaite this season unless a club is serious about signing him and is willing to match our valuation.

All this nonsense about Man Utd not going to be held to ransom etc … well move on then and sign someone else. Pay up or shut up.

Yes we have to reject all but a massive fee, £125mil.

It seems the saggy ball bags all over you tube are realising Jarrod is not going cheap, the message is getting out there, even if it's only to the back bedroom merchants.

That's media code for "know your place, plebs, and bow down to the great United."

Amazing really that United are "not going to be held to ransom", but Everton are supposed to bend over and be taken for a song.

Brexit Jim thinks he can deal with other clubs/his own employees/the taxpayer in much the same way Boris Johnson thought he could deal with the EU. As then, it really won't end well for him...

It feels weirdly grown-up to be inviting an auction by saying "Everton are open to selling but won't be held ransom" rather than the usual "under no circumstances will we be selling players we want to keep" inevitably followed by us selling players we want to keep

I really don't get why people are convincing themselves that we'll only sell at a certain price when they have no idea? Its no use us sitting here saying we're not going to be pushed around it just depends what happens when the bids come in I don't know why you do it to yourselves.

That's media code for "know your place, plebs, and bow down to the great United."

Amazing really that United are "not going to be held to ransom", but Everton are supposed to bend over and be taken for a song.

Brexit Jim thinks he can deal with other clubs/his own employees/the taxpayer in much the same way Boris Johnson thought he could deal with the EU. As then, it really won't end well for him...
He needs kicking rar in the plumbs when he puts his offer in.

It's not about winning a argument it's about the last time I felt that we have someone special at Everton
Utd came along and took him on the cheap hence the quote I made
It was decent for that summer i think!
Then Chelsea started really spending the big big bucks, and 12 months later it didnt seem like that good a fee, especially as originally it was around £21m upfront. .I remember Shaun Wright Phillips or someone of half the talent going to Chelsea for more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back