2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's media code for "know your place, plebs, and bow down to the great United."

Amazing really that United are "not going to be held to ransom", but Everton are supposed to bend over and be taken for a song.

Brexit Jim thinks he can deal with other clubs/his own employees/the taxpayer in much the same way Boris Johnson thought he could deal with the EU. As then, it really won't end well for him...

United think they have a free run on him as Arsenal aren't looking for a big CB signing, we wouldn't sell to Liverpool, Chelsea realistically can't throw that amount of cash on a player right now, City spent that kind of money Gvardiol last year and Spurs couldn't afford him.

The club should be relaxed to keep him next year unless Coutinho type money is thrown around. 100 million only gets us to the table. If United won't pay it then tough. Even then it'd take caveats like huge add on fees and a 50% sell on. If the player isn't pushing to go then we hold all the cards.

And if we do get 100 million plus then most of that needs to be reinvested back in the team to get us back in the right half of the table.

United think they have a free run on him as Arsenal aren't looking for a big CB signing, we wouldn't sell to Liverpool, Chelsea realistically can't throw that amount of cash on a player right now, City spent that kind of money Gvardiol last year and Spurs couldn't afford him.

The club should be relaxed to keep him next year unless Coutinho type money is thrown around. 100 million only gets us to the table. If United won't pay it then tough. Even then it'd take caveats like huge add on fees and a 50% sell on. If the player isn't pushing to go then we hold all the cards.

And if we do get 100 million plus then most of that needs to be reinvested back in the team to get us back in the right half of the table.

The top 6 media shills doing their bidding on a daily basis.

Will sell for £20m plus add-ons and a bit part Utd player.

When was the last time Everton actually did a player plush cash deal? They get rumoured every summer ‘we’ll just get their rubbish players in exchange for our best one’. It never happens. Lukaku Stones Richarlison Gordon Rooney - clubs pay for Everton’s big stars and they’ll pay for Branthwaite.

When was the last time Everton actually did a player plush cash deal? They get rumoured every summer ‘we’ll just get their rubbish players in exchange for our best one’. It never happens. Lukaku Stones Richarlison Gordon Rooney - clubs pay for Everton’s big stars and they’ll pay for Branthwaite.
Lucy's Digne sold and the weird weird loan for El Ghazi (I think it was) coming the other way some genius agreed on.

I mean, I was being slightly fatuous but you knew that, right? But I wouldn't be surprised to see a loan as part of any deal. Might not be the worst thing either given our finances, which are different to back then.

At the moment Branthwaite is a very good prospect. I have no doubt that he will go on and fulfill the expectation that we have for him. However he is still a prospect, we need to hang on to him until we get what he is worth. Man. Utd. Paid £80 mill for Harry Maguire, Braithwaite is already a better player than him. We need a big fee because we have to be able to bring in a first team centre half and make a considerable dent into any FFP troubles we might incur.

His partnership with Tarkowski and Pickford is why we are still a premier league team. To us he is worth every bit of that 80m plus price tag. If what's being reported is correct about the club wanting close to a world record fee for a defender then I hope they stay true to their word. If he goes for under 50m we likely won't see a penny like we didn't see a penny of the Gordon money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back