2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.

The figure was around 33m no? And apparently it's 120m
That £120m factors in some intangibles specific to football I suspect (ie effect of increased prize / TV money etc)
Actually inflationary value of £28m is more like £48m according to the BoE.
Imho a relatively recent comparative example would be Bellingham who went to Germany at 16 iirc for £28m (+8m add on from Real) and then £88m (potentially £118m) at 20.
Not sure an 18 y/o Rooney would command £120m today IMO.
Interestingly, back to Jarrods sell on clause at 15%, Birminghams is reported at 10%

IMG_8036.webp

That £120m factors in some intangibles specific to football I suspect (ie effect of increased prize / TV money etc)
Actually inflationary value of £28m is more like £48m according to the BoE.
Imho a relatively recent comparative example would be Bellingham who went to Germany at 16 iirc for £28m (+8m add on from Real) and then £88m (potentially £118m) at 20.
Not sure an 18 y/o Rooney would command £120m today IMO.
Interestingly, back to Jarrods sell on clause at 15%, Birminghams is reported at 10%

View attachment 258719
Aye I think it's based on "football inflation" rather than actual real life inflation. Like you say using Bellingham as the example the figure is probably in the ballpark if the transfer happened today.

He is 100% leaving now or next summer, so we have to hope the club plays a blinder in their negotiations. Get Premier League winning clauses in there, European final clauses, bonuses paid when he hits 20/50/75 caps for England, etc. Plus of course a minimum fee of whatever United paid for Maguire.

How much is 26mill in todays prices then mate
Im not really arsed mate i will leave the accountants on here to argue about that but taking normal inflation from then to now and applying it to football transfers is a bit daft really as most people would agree. If it makes ya feel good and that you have won the argument you wanna have then great its 45mil or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back