2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
One played European football this season whilst the other played in the relegation battle.

As incredible is he is, sadly I believe he has little to no hope of being an England regular, if he stays with our car crash of a club. Pickford was an exception, doubt it will happen in the near future. Thank you Sir Farhad you utter bell.
Didn’t he play for PSV (international domestic league experience) and play European competition football a little over a year ago?

Feel sorry for him at the moment, won’t be bothered by August when he’s gone, just a pity we won’t get the extra money going to the Euro’s would’ve put on his price.

Hope England get smashed, all the CH get injured and cost them the tournament.

Never really expected Branthwaite to get a look in, but must admit I am surprised given Maguire has been dropped. Is there an unwritten rule that England have to have RS players in the squad? I don't think Gomez and Quansah are bad players, but wouldn't automatically think of them as England players. The rest of them may have had a good season, but Southgate's explanation is very weak.

I would like to see England do well, but can't see it with this second rate management set-up.

Average Spurs teams? They are probably on average 4-5th place over the last decade.

Curious if people would also claim Vardy was world class? Similar (ish) scoring records over 7/8 seasons in arguably a much more average Leicester team who scored less goals which could suggest less chances. Fact is Vardy actually won both the league and the FA Cup in that time!

World Class players win things..... or even then they make their clubs win things.

Rooney was a far better player than Kane.
“Relatively average” as in average compared to some of the teams they were competing with for the top 4 spots.

Vardy world class? Nah. Good goalscorer, but doesn’t walk into almost every team in football as starting striker like Kane.

Feel sorry for him at the moment, won’t be bothered by August when he’s gone, just a pity we won’t get the extra money going to the Euro’s would’ve put on his price.

Hope England get smashed, all the CH get injured and cost them the tournament.

….not sure he would’ve played even had he gone. I think it’s best he can put his feet up for a few weeks, he’s made remarkable progress this season.

I was really looking forward to these Euros. Feels like we've been knocked out already. Southgate is the worst thing ever to happen to this group of talented players. Some of the absolute dross chosen ahead of Branthwaite is staggering.

I really like Branthwaite. He’s got an incredibly high ceiling, he’ll go to the top no doubt.

But at the minute he’s 21, goes to ground a little too easily and is untested at the highest level. He plays in a defensive team with a low block, which really isn’t this England side.

His time will come for England, this was always likely to be a tournament too soon.

Called up to the England squad....
1000037644.webp

Called up to the England squad...
1000037648.webp

Called up to the England squad...
1000037650.webp

Dropped from the England squad 😔😔😔😔
1000037646.webp

Make it make sense.

Southgate is a mug, he's just no idea. Taking a cart horse like Dunk, when you have a young, talented and emerging talent like Branthwaite who's as good as Dunk at least in my book, is a joke!.

I really like Branthwaite. He’s got an incredibly high ceiling, he’ll go to the top no doubt.

But at the minute he’s 21, goes to ground a little too easily and is untested at the highest level. He plays in a defensive team with a low block, which really isn’t this England side.

His time will come for England, this was always likely to be a tournament too soon.
I'd be totally on board with this if we had genuine world class quality at centre back.

Joe Gomes mate.

Southgate is a mug, he's just no idea. Taking a cart horse like Dunk, when you have a young, talented and emerging talent like Branthwaite who's as good as Dunk at least in my book, is a joke!.
To make it worse he's as good or better than Dunk in literally any book you can keep, and over a decade younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back