2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't see a team with the basis of Trippier, Shaw, Stones, Guehi, Walker being the defence keeping out attackers such as Mbappe et Al.
When we get to the real games they will be found out.

Tbf I love branthwaite but also experience at this level then I still think the likes of mbappe would have a field day.

Coming around to the fact that maybe it is too early and let’s see the others take the fall, unless Pickford can keep them in it.

Our only hope is the attacking threat with world class players like Foden and Bellingham.

When we get to the real games they will be found out.

Tbf I love branthwaite but also experience at this level then I still think the likes of mbappe would have a field day.

Coming around to the fact that maybe it is too early and let’s see the others take the fall, unless Pickford can keep them in it.

Our only hope is the attacking threat with world class players like Foden and Bellingham.

I think Bellingham is knackered.

Just think the midfield and defence will be the undoing.

You lost me when you inferred Bellingham was poo unfortunately

He’s obviously not poo, and I wasn’t trying to imply this, although maybe you’ve inferred it. In exactly the same way Gerrard and Lampard weren’t poo either.

I’d put good money on Bellingham Rice and whoever else plays in midfield for England chasing shadows in vain in a critical knockout game as a group of better technical players pop it around. The exact same way Pirlo used to stroll around in 2012 and 2014 and Gerrard and Henderson couldn’t get near him, and how we couldn’t control Modric in 2018, or Griezman in 2022.

He's a solid defender playing in a "backs to the wall, last line of defence" back four. Southgate has chosen players from teams who play expansive football, teams that out from the back in the same way he wants his England team to play. In a different era he'd be a John Terry or Tony Adams, a shoe in for the team, but football has changed. I blame Nathan Patterson.

Cons: Branthwaite being selected for England might have added a few million to the price tag. He would have had a great experience
Pros: He probably wouldn't have got much playing time anyway. He might have got injured. It might help us to keep him for another season

I still can't get my head around it. Genuinely Baffling. I forgot DCL OWNS Guehi. Absolutely destroyed him with the opening goal in the 3-0 home win a few years back. Man-boy.

Feel for the lad.

Will be a very big mental test this now. He's went from a bit part player, to Dutch Cup Winner, to huge talent, to being the last person to not make the squad for the Euros.

Just hope he sees the positives in what he's achieved these past 2 years and continues to grow his potential.

This is definitely a case of "It's not you, It's me".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back