2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just saying I can't think of any other reason. His Club form should have him straight in the England team so to be given just around 10 minutes Southgate must not like what he saw in training maybe
Maybe but I think he’s picked Gomez and konsa because they’ve played loads at full back and England have got issues there. He obviously likes the lad at palace as he’s played one league game and one England friendly in something like 5 months. So probably come down to dunk or Branthwaite and he’s gone for the experience

Apparently dunk is carrying a slight knock so I'm guessing he will stay but stones could be out now , however the standby centre back is quansah lol so he still wouldn't be going

Even if a couple of cb's got injured. Southgate's comments saying he ain't ready means he has zero chance of being called up as replacement

He would rather bring Maguire back even if he can only play on one leg.

The experience thing doesn't really hold up. There's a few players in that squad that I wouldn't exactly call experienced. He's also had no problem throwing Mainoo in who is even less experienced. If you are ready you are ready. He's had a season at PSV playing in European competition and a full season under his belt in the premier league playing in front of his first choice GK.

The experience thing doesn't really hold up. There's a few players in that squad that I wouldn't exactly call experienced. He's also had no problem throwing Mainoo in who is even less experienced. If you are ready you are ready. He's had a season at PSV playing in European competition and a full season under his belt in the premier league playing in front of his first choice GK.
I doubt he means he’s counting games if that’s what he’s said he probably means he seems inexperienced in things he does. I think he goes off his feet too much for example not like a big criticism I still think he’s class but I think he commits himself to tackles a bit too much still he’s young and he’ll learn not to but that’s how he is now. If you’re going to an international tournament as a manager and you see him doing that in training and then in the friendly when he got booked you might think no he needs a bit more time.

The reality is if Jarad played for United and Tarky for Chelsea they would both be starting for England. Simply put, if I was the England manager I would be starting Pickford, Tarky and Braithwaite. They have been the best performing players in their positions this season. The likes of Dunk, Quansah, and I would even argue Joe Gomez simply don’t cut the mustard in comparison.

Unpopular opinion but Harry Kane is overrated..... Watching him in that tournament was unbelievably frustrating... kept dropping deep leaving no one up front, even taking corners.

The reliance on his ridiculous and quite frankly not needed.... DCL should have been given more of a chance after the season he had.

Just a reminder that this is still one of the worst and most embarrassing takes of all time @Miked1e x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back