2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
You take the Arsenal back 3 out of the equation (2 CBs/Keeper - Spanish, Brasilian and French). The next best defensive heart in the entire country have not only played together as one unit, they have played almost every minute of the season together, and they are ALL English.

Pickford

Tarkowski & Branthwaite.

Absolute fecking madness by Southgate. Based on nothing but ignorance or stupidity (or both). If it wasnt for Pickford, I almost couldnt give two fecks about England now.

Last edited:
I don’t understand both Gordon and Bowen going. Fair enough they’re the direct pace option off the bench but you probably only play one of them given that Kane Foden Bellingham probably stay on the pitch regardless.

I think Rashford is a miss as he could cover that direct pacey option and be a backup at number 9 but he’s been terrible this season.

Frankly though if Foden Kane Saka is the first choice front three. It’s basically Palmer and Eze covering one side and Gordon and Bowen on the other. Feels too much to me.

Gallagher Dunk and Bowen are the three I think are fortunate to be in. Could be taking Maddison Grealish Branthwaite instead.
Gallagher appears to be one of those players that coaches love!
I don't see more than a headless chicken to be honest, but i suppose his attitude and application must be spot on!

Palace have got a great chance to really have someone's kecks down if they sell Guehi this summer.

He's another average player with a completely manufactured reputation, made to look better than he is by his partner.
I've been on him for about 2 years now!
Every time Palace rock up with him in towe, Calvert Lewin has an absolute field day against him!

The cup game at Goodison, they had to put 3 at the back so Guehi didn't get bullied by him and Anderson could come across and help!

I've been on him for about 2 years now!
Every time Palace rock up with him in towe, Calvert Lewin has an absolute field day against him!

The cup game at Goodison, they had to put 3 at the back so Guehi didn't get bullied by him and Anderson could come across and help!
Yes, same with Dunk.

DCL isn't exactly the most dynamic striker, but he looked like Drogba playing in a cup final against those two.

I don't see more than a headless chicken to be honest, but i suppose his attitude and application must be spot on!

I just don’t think he’s world class international standard.

When you get to the crunch part of the knockouts and you’re up against players like Kroos, Gundogan, Kimmich, Modric, Kovacic, De Bruyne, Camavinga, Kante, Rodri, Pedri etc. I think he’s well short of those players. Just nowhere near good enough for me.

Worth 50mil apparently because he runs around a lot. Another London bias player, again if he played for Everton he’d be nowhere near England and worth about 20mil

I just don’t think he’s world class international standard.

When you get to the crunch part of the knockouts and you’re up against players like Kroos, Gundogan, Kimmich, Modric, Kovacic, De Bruyne, Camavinga, Kante, Rodri, Pedri etc. I think he’s well short of those players. Just nowhere near good enough for me.
His sole job will be to come on and run around a lot making firm challenges and tactical fouls to protect a slim lead in important games when others tire or have yellow cards.

I’d actually like him in our midfield, and his tenacity would be very popular. But levels below some of the opposition he will face in Germany.

Somehow managed to have a price tag that seems totally at odds with his effectiveness, and it’s just stuck ever since. Glad he has got more game time for Chelsea, he certainly waited it out to “prove himself”, but you’d imagine they’d replace him in a heartbeat, and have already spent millions trying.

If we take off the blue tinted glasses, The reality is that no England manager was ever going to throw someone like Branthwaite in after a cap or two.
If it came to it in the tournament he would always throw a Walker, Shaw etc at CH if they are short.
While it may be good experience, a nice summer break may be better, and plenty of time for him to sort his move out.

If we take off the blue tinted glasses, The reality is that no England manager was ever going to throw someone like Branthwaite in after a cap or two.
If it came to it in the tournament he would always throw a Walker, Shaw etc at CH if they are short.
While it may be good experience, a nice summer break may be better, and plenty of time for him to sort his move out.
Counter suggestion…You bring your best players. It’s not blue tinted to say he’s better than those being taken. Anyone with eyes knows he’s already better than Dunk. There’s plenty of “experience” in the squad as it stands. Also laughable that Quansah is the cover and not Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back