Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
We judge Dyche when he's got the options he's fought for. That's where we are, we bought a Striker Monday and he played two full games in his first 6 days. I've never heard of it.
For once the international break comes when we need. Cal-Lewin didn't suffer a fracture (thankfully) and we're getting the wide boys up n running.

There's enough game in this set of players to do a few sides. We even got Maupay out for the season. 22 Million.

Twenty Two.

(I keep expecting to wake from a coma like the beginning of '28 days later')
I'm keeping the faith a bit longer don't you worry!

That is how we have to operate. They should already have a short list for his replacement. We are not a final destination club for top talent and are unlikely to be again for a very long time

I dont think this club is that organised. So many times in the past few seasons we've had positions on the field fully uncovered. For two consecutive seasons we didnt even start the season with a centre forward. Even in the last must win stay up game against bournemouth we had no fullbacks or centre forward to select. Shambles.

Im not sure who else people think are funding the rebuild next summer.

2025 = Stadium + new broadcast deal revenue.

So we just need to get through this + next season.

We have a huge number of OOC players and the likes of Gray, Gomes we can sell now/Jan to Saudi + Maupay, Keane, Godfrey, Holgate to sell in 2024 with 1 yr on their deals.

If we can also keep the £25+mil net weve made this window (so far) then it could be a sizeable chunk.

I don’t think anyone will be going over £60m for Onana. That would mean we need someone to pay £80m+ for Branthwaite.

I’m obviously guessing mate, Caicedo was 75 mil in June and gets sold for 115. A lot of ifs buts and maybes, let’s see how things pan out for these 2 players. I think Onana has started the season quite well. But there’s a mad narrative that’s he’s rubbish

I agree some of the fee's quoted are a bit mad at the moment but he has started better this season. It's tricky as Dyche is playing every midfielder out of their natural position for some reason and we need to see Onana actually at DM at some point imo which is his role.

101% agree. Dyche is misusing all of them.

75m for the pair sounds a lot more correct imo. I like Branthwaite, but he is currently about 60m off being a 75m player. If he keeps developing, maybe!

The sad thing about our club is that if Branthwaite progresses like we hope he will, then we‘ll have to sell him at some stage. If he stagnates , he’ll disappear from being a first team regular and be loaned out. If he progresses just a bit and becomes a regular mid-table quality centre back he’ll be ideal for us and stay a long time.
He‘s “ The Goldilocks Option , which reflects all on our Club and the way we’re run and not on him.

Lazily taken from transfermarkt

Record CB sales
Gvardiol £90mil
Maguire £87mil
De Ligt £85mil
Van Dijk £85mil
Fofana £80mil
Hernandez £80mil

Theres the English premium to consider of course and his age, two footed and huge.

We need to get his contract extended.

If we can hold onto him and Onana until 2025 then i think we'd either clean up on fees or see the 2nd wave of squad investment.

Can we just enjoy watching a good player playing well and not start putting prices on him after two games this season ffs

Why are so many doing this? He looks class and I’m enjoying watching him play well for Everton

Developing good young players, selling them on for big money, and then spending that money wisely in order to bring in more good young players and start the cycle again, is the business model that Everton needs to be following at the moment, and Branthwaite could be one of those players that makes such a model work

If he develops how we need him to, then the resulting money we can get for him will be a real boost

Plus, imagining what we will make for him and enjoying the time he plays for us do not have to be mutually exclusive emotions to have right now

We can enjoy his play whilst also looking ahead to the money he's going to make for us. I'm sure Brighton supporters are doing similar in regards to the lad that got the hatty on the weekend

Musing on what our good young players are going to net us down the line doesn't have to have a negative connotation. If we can make this work the same way as Brighton do then the club is moving in the right direction

Developing good young players, selling them on for big money, and then spending that money wisely in order to bring in more good young players and start the cycle again, is the business model that Everton needs to be following at the moment, and Branthwaite could be one of those players that makes such a model work

If he develops how we need him to, then the resulting money we can get for him will be a real boost

Plus, imagining what we will make for him and enjoying the time he plays for us do not have to be mutually exclusive emotions to have right now

We can enjoy his play whilst also looking ahead to the money he's going to make for us. I'm sure Brighton supporters are doing similar in regards to the lad that got the hatty on the weekend

Musing on what our good young players are going to net us down the line doesn't have to have a negative connotation. If we can make this work the same way as Brighton do then the club is moving in the right direction
Nah keep him.

Selling our best players doesn't work and we're not Brighton.

Aim high, dream big, Branthwaite will lead this great club back to the top four and Europe, where we belong

As I read this and imagined Everton actually doing this, I got goosebumps and then thought to myself 'What would/can Everton do?', and the answer is nothing. But I doubt that we would sell him even for reasonable money. He fits in well under the current regime and could potentially turn out to be one of the most effective players, that is until a CL starting position is offered by some PL club.

Nah keep him.

Selling our best players doesn't work and we're not Brighton.

Aim high, dream big, Branthwaite will lead this great club back to the top four and Europe, where we belong

With a spine of Pickford-Branthwaite-Onana-Beto we would only need another top midfelder to look very strong long term.

Hopefully this and next summer are the beginning of a new rebuild.

You know what mate, that’s a decent response and I’m going to put this down to me having different taste to a lot on here.

I’ve worked with numbers all day at work for twelve years so that is not how I choose to enjoy my leisure time, I just want to watch good players do good things for Everton but fair play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back