Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need two full backs and a centre back urgently. We aren’t remotely close to being very strong in any sense of the term.
Its mad that he thinks if we have a strong spine that teams wont just come down the sides and slap our fullbacks about.

I mean such a strong spine that we have 1 point in 12.

Taking nothing away from Branners mind, who looks the real deal.

Its mad that he thinks if we have a strong spine that teams wont just come down the sides and slap our fullbacks about.

The spine literally just refers to the players in the middle doesn't it? (GK, SW, CB, CDM, CM, CAM, ST)

That's how I've always viewed it anyway

You can have a good spine of the team whilst having weaknesses on the outer flanks

The spine literally just refers to the players in the middle doesn't it? (GK, SW, CB, CDM, CM, CAM, ST)

You can have a good spine of the team whilst having weaknesses on the outer flanks
Thats my point Mikey.

If your spine is made of steel, great, but when your arms and legs are made of paper, you're still gonna struggle.

Thats my point Mikey.

If your spine is made of steel, great, but when your arms and legs are made of paper, you're still gonna struggle.

I don't recall what the original post that you or @MikeH72 took umbridge with was, but having a strong spine could be the makings of a good side overall if the other areas are addressed

The spine is always where you should start at any rate IMO

Zat said we were one midfielder away from looking a very strong side.

oh-i-dont-know.gif

I see us patching holes like this summer, rather then a rebuild for another few years mate.

Maybe this season but 2025 i think things change.

We need two full backs and a centre back urgently. We aren’t remotely close to being very strong in any sense of the term.

Full backs dont play in the spine.

You know branthwaite + Beto didnt play all 4 gsmes. Full backs were the topic.

I think we have GK-CB-DM-CM-ACM-ST and have 4/6. So youre right,

If we want to be looking at everyone central (ive always considered the spine to be 1 player in each position) then 4/7 I suppose.

CB, CM, ACM needed to be 'complete'.

Thats my point Mikey.

Look at how Mourinho builds teams.

No i didnt.

Very Everton that this lad is finally brought into the team and looks the part but then Tarkowski's form takes a dip at the same time.
Hopefully Tarks, will get the drift and raise his game, to match.

Cut out the self inflicted errors, then this squad can finish. Mid table.

I am hoping that this season won't go to the wire, again.

Seeing the next 6 fixtures, if Everton can take 12 or more points, I think, then a fair view of this season can ve scoped, and Everton can stay clear of the bottom 5, and push on.

Confidence and belief, and Team spirit.

UTFTs!

At least if this guy was signing a new contract that would bring some positivity. Shame that he has no intention of extending and he knows that a strong season this year and is off next summer with only a couple of years contract remaining.

It’s not completely unfathomable. Beto
could have a massive impact on the team. Sometimes one player can come in and things just click. I do think we need to be stronger on the flanks but Danjuma Harrison and McNeil playing together along with a fit DCL could give this team the transformation it needs. I’m already very impressed with Branthwaite. There is some room for optimism. If you
look at games in isolation last year vs Southampton, wolves, Brighton on at home and the Bournemouth double header, We have been no where near levels of that bad. 4 games in 34 to play. One game at a time.

It’s not completely unfathomable. Beto
could have a massive impact on the team. Sometimes one player can come in and things just click. I do think we need to be stronger on the flanks but Danjuma Harrison and McNeil playing together along with a fit DCL could give this team the transformation it needs. I’m already very impressed with Branthwaite. There is some room for optimism. If you
look at games in isolation last year vs Southampton, wolves, Brighton on at home and the Bournemouth double header, We have been no where near levels of that bad. 4 games in 34 to play. One game at a time.

Slight issue, i was talking about the spine of the team: Pickford-Branthwaite-Onana-Beto

Add a midfielder and we have a quality player in each position through the spine.

So one player off a strong spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back