2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he goes to United he'll sit on the bench for at least half a season and have to be on the right side of ten Hag. As opposed to being a nailed on started for us. Imagine if he's not the coaches buy.

80 million at least yet all the red devil YouTubers are saying half that. Buhahaha.

Id rather him play a season at the new stadium and go to Madrid or something.
What gets me is why do they care what United pay? Doesn't seem to stop them spending anyway if they have debt, they're just arrogant.

Can’t believe there are people saying they want £100m.

Our fans are hilarious at times, the level of delusion to think anyone is going to pay that for him…

Our fans are hilarious at times, the level of delusion to think anyone is going to pay that for him…

Whatever he goes for won’t be a million miles below that. What do you think he will/should go for? For context, Big Red want £30m for a bum sub keeper.

Will you celebrate if hes sold for lower?

You realise £100mil gives the club £85mil ?

Home grown centre back rated as one of the best players in Europe...wealthiest clubs in the world want him.

How much would you sell for ?

Maguire went for 85m, he's better than him, younger than him, English, left footed. Doubt we get 100m but he's worth easily 70m+. It's criminal we can't dig in seemingly and get other bidders involved such is our PSR and financial position. It's gutting. Its why I don't get attached to any players anymore.

Times article on Ten Hags yesterday suggested that until they sell the likes of Sancho, their War Chest (I do like that phrase... only because we rarely have one these days) is £35m

Of course that can be used as a down payment

Bad day to be a Evertonian. We all excepted the move to happen but it hits different when he actually leaves. He deserves it thow. Hope he has a successful career

We sold Gordon for £40 mil now Newcastle value him at £100 mil.

Hull sold Maguire for £80 mil 4 years ago, Branthwaite is a much better player hence the £100 mil valuation

This. With all this psr bollocks affecting clubs now, fees like this will be rare. United are already trying to sell to buy, and they need an awful lot. They have been linked with De Ligt too. No way we get anything close to 100m.

You realise £100mil gives the club £85mil ?

Home grown centre back rated as one of the best players in Europe...wealthiest clubs in the world want him.

How much would you sell for ?

You realise no one is going to pay £100m ? You realise no other club is going to give a toss about whether we have to pay Carlisle £15m or not ? The only people who care are Everton and Carlisle.

“One of the best players in Europe”

Just no

“One of the best CB prospects in Europe”

Yes.

I swear our fans lose their marbles every transfer window.

Maguire went for 85m, he's better than him, younger than him, English, left footed. Doubt we get 100m but he's worth easily 70m+. It's criminal we can't dig in seemingly and get other bidders involved such is our PSR and financial position. It's gutting. Its why I don't get attached to any players anymore.

McGuire has proven he’s not worth anything near that, if anything his transfer acts as a warning to other clubs that spending that kind of money on someone who is still relatively unproven is potentially very dumb.

£70m would be a very good fee for him but I’m skeptical as to whether we will even get that. United fans don’t even want to spend £50m on him lol.

We sold Gordon for £40 mil now Newcastle value him at £100 mil.

Hull sold Maguire for £80 mil 4 years ago, Branthwaite is a much better player hence the £100 mil valuation

This logic is so flawed. McGuire is not worth £85m. Far better defenders have sold for far less than that since then.

You can’t just cherry pick a meme tier transfer that was notoriously bad value for money and say “that’s the new standard”.

Football team : we offer £70m
Everton : McGuire went for £85m
Football team: great point mate, here’s £100m

You realise no one is going to pay £100m ? You realise no other club is going to give a toss about whether we have to pay Carlisle £15m or not ? The only people who care are Everton and Carlisle.

“One of the best players in Europe”

Just no

“One of the best CB prospects in Europe”

Yes.

I swear our fans lose their marbles every transfer window.

McGuire has proven he’s not worth anything near that, if anything his transfer acts as a warning to other clubs that spending that kind of money on someone who is still relatively unproven is very dumb.

£70m would be a very good fee for him but I’m skeptical as to whether we will even get that.
Maybe not in our position but all things being equal given fees for other players he's worth 75m easily in this market, he has most of his career ahead of him that's much of what they are paying for and the quibbling over the fee isn't the issue here, in normal circumstances if United don't want to pay it fine they aren't the only show in town, if we have to sell other clubs would, its that we are forced to sell him likely below value because the club is on its arse it's happened time after time. I accept we have to sell to buy to an extent but it should be on our terms we shouldn't be forced to sell when he isn't at peak value (that would be next summer)but that's where the mismanagement of the club has lead us and why PSR is a joke that allows the top six to cherry pick players and even if you do get everything right like Villa then there's a glass ceiling. The only positive is this isn't the end of August and with Onana going we should have space to reinforce but it doesn't make it any less galling. Also it's likely only a portion goes on players(thanks a bunch Moshiri), and we are relying on a recruitment team that have failed and shown a lack of imagination many times.

Last edited:

Maguire went for 80m and VVD went for 80m. Jarad is 21, you are paying for the now and the future. He is left footed, good on the ball, brave in the air and rarely puts a foot wrong. Is he worth 100m, some like yourself would argue he’s not, some would argue he is. I personally believe he will be the best centre back in the world for years. I actually can’t believe that certain managers didn’t see it such as Rafael, Lampard etc. I believe he’s worth every penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back