2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maguire went for 80m and VVD went for 80m. Jarad is 21, you are paying for the now and the future. He is left footed, good on the ball, brave in the air and rarely puts a foot wrong. Is he worth 100m, some like yourself would argue he’s not, some would argue he is. I personally believe he will be the best centre back in the world for years. I actually can’t believe that certain managers didn’t see it such as Rafael, Lampard etc. I believe he’s worth every penny.
The bubble has burst in the market with the big money transfers it seems.
First of all psr means that most clubs need to sell rather than being reluctant seller. And the buying clubs are now also wary of over spending so there are less teams in the market.
Everton developing a generational talent in the middle of this is typical

This. With all this psr bollocks affecting clubs now, fees like this will be rare. United are already trying to sell to buy, and they need an awful lot. They have been linked with De Ligt too. No way we get anything close to 100m.

Then we dont sell. We arent a feeder club owned and operated by United.

You realise no one is going to pay £100m ? You realise no other club is going to give a toss about whether we have to pay Carlisle £15m or not ? The only people who care are Everton and Carlisle.

“One of the best players in Europe”

Just no

“One of the best CB prospects in Europe”

Yes.

I swear our fans lose their marbles every transfer window.

McGuire has proven he’s not worth anything near that, if anything his transfer acts as a warning to other clubs that spending that kind of money on someone who is still relatively unproven is potentially very dumb.

£70m would be a very good fee for him but I’m skeptical as to whether we will even get that. United fans don’t even want to spend £50m on him lol.

Then you dont sell.

Clearly you think hes going to bring in £60mil at best.

If thats the fee why bother.

This logic is so flawed. McGuire is not worth £85m. Far better defenders have sold for far less than that since then.

You can’t just cherry pick a meme tier transfer that was notoriously bad value for money and say “that’s the new standard”.

Football team : we offer £70m
Everton : McGuire went for £85m
Football team: great point mate, here’s £100m

You dont invest personally do you, nor own any assets.

This post is rather childlike in logic.

Hard not to feel conspiratorial about his exclusion from the England squad with this. Ratcliffe telling Southgate to leave him out so they can bend his ear and say it's cuz he plays for Everton. Then Southgate gets the United gig if ETH falls through. My angry brain is working over time here.
I thought the same. Left out so he can sort his transfer out before the deadline

Unfortuantely, every club in the country, apart from the sky 6 need to do this.
Maybe but even Palace aren't forced into selling their star player and developing talent after just one full season and not at peak value. Yes everyone has their price but we are selling this summer mainly due to financial mismanagement and PSR which is a knock on of the first, its a sad state of affairs ehere this club is only the stadium is a bright point, and harks back to when Rooney went even the fact we are back here says it all...

Then we dont sell. We arent a feeder club owned and operated by United.

Then you dont sell.

Clearly you think hes going to bring in £60mil at best.

If thats the fee why bother.

You dont invest personally do you, nor own any assets.

This post is rather childlike in logic.
You keep saying you don’t sell, but we have too. He has to be sold just to keep the lights on.

Maybe but even Palace aren't forced into selling after just one season and not at peak value. Yes everyone had their price but we are selling this summer mainly due to financial mismanagement
Palace have been well run in recent years. Buying good talent but not huge stars when they join.
I agree been well run. However they aren’t building a stadium, been hit by Russian war.

Hard not to feel conspiratorial about his exclusion from the England squad with this. Ratcliffe telling Southgate to leave him out so they can bend his ear and say it's cuz he plays for Everton. Then Southgate gets the United gig if ETH falls through. My angry brain is working over time here.
Nail on the head this I reckon. Southgate claims it’s too early for him but picks Quansah ahead of him despite Jarrad playing nearly every game this season in front of Englands first choice keeper 🤔

I guess this means Onana is looking like he won't go before the end of June, so we are forced into pushing one sale we know we can do in time.

Utter state of this rule that forces clubs to sell to bigger clubs for reduced values and break young supporters heart and hopes.

Branthwaite is worth more than a few points. Take the deduction and spend. Why are we selling players?
Totally agree better to take a points hit than sell our best players for under value and then have a relegation battle anyway. My guess is whatever we do we get points deduction next year anyway and we just keep going around the same doom loop.

Anything over £70m is good business for us at this moment in time.

Most clubs are not in a position to be keeping their best young players. We need a few more Branthwaites until we are in a much better position to keep top talent.

I think we all knew he was going so its not a surprise. I hope he goes on to do well, but not sure if Utd are the right choice for him at the moment.
When have we ever been in a position to keep our best talent. We are basically a feeder club for Man utd for the past few decades. We even take all their rubbish offcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back