2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see anyone affording him FROM Man United if he does well....they will want way over £150 million!!

Only maybe City paying that....

So back to my point...why not wait 12 months for that move now!!!

Lots of variables though.

But saying going to United is a bad move now is a bit silly IMO.

And what's an extra 12 months to us realistically? We'd be in the exact same position if he went this season - a CB short needing to be replaced.

Alex Crook on TalkNonsense claiming Man U will try and "drag the price down to nearer the £40m mark". Seriously, if Everton accept anything like that to avoid a PSR penalty, I'd be fuming. Would rather we tell them to do one and keep him for next season, and take any points deduction on the chin. Having him in the team instead of say Keane would more than likely win us more points than we'd lose from a potential points deduction.
Not a chance he goes for that fee, it should be minimum 70mil and tell Utd that’s the fee with add ons. And leave it at that, if utd drag it for ages, then other may eventually get involved.

what happened to the days when football clubs were not allowed to speak to agents or players until a fee had been agreed with their club first?
It’s in the same ballpark as Chelsea selling their own property to themselves to get around PSR.

No doubt his agent is hawking around Europe with a massive hard on dreaming of that 10% cut of £50m+ so they’ll be talking personal terms in the background like the snakes agents are.

It’s if the club goes direct to the player that it is tapping up but clubs get around it by speaking to intermediaries or briefing their client journos to force a transfer.

Real Madrid have been doing it for decades and the sky six have got in on the act through the likes of Sky, tabloids and those clowns at Talksport

Sooner
unbelievable to see people wanking themselves at 50-60m. If we’re going to sell an important player that guaranteed top 4 defence but can’t even cover the upcoming psr, what’s the [Poor language removed] point?

Yep. Doesn't matter what others have gone for before him. He has to be priced based off his importance to us and I do believe without him last year we would have been in deep trouble. We are slowly selling off every asset we have just to remain compliant and he's our biggest by far. We need to milk all we can if he goes.

Alex Crook on TalkNonsense claiming Man U will try and "drag the price down to nearer the £40m mark". Seriously, if Everton accept anything like that to avoid a PSR penalty, I'd be fuming. Would rather we tell them to do one and keep him for next season, and take any points deduction on the chin. Having him in the team instead of say Keane would more than likely win us more points than we'd lose from a potential points deduction.

I hate that weasel.

I was listening to that earlier… and I’m still laughing 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back