2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
End of the day there's very little point worrying about the precise fees being reported, every single journalist will guess a different number and we'll likely never know the precise truth.

I really like Branthwaite. He’s got an incredibly high ceiling, he’ll go to the top no doubt.

But at the minute he’s 21, goes to ground a little too easily and is untested at the highest level. He plays in a defensive team with a low block, which really isn’t this England side.

His time will come for England, this was always likely to be a tournament too soon.

….spot on. I think the England management team have watched him closely, clearly rate him but feel he’s not quite ready. It’s about opinion, I have no issue with that.

I had to laugh at some suggesting Utd have ‘had a word’ with Southgate and told him not to select Branthwaite. I’m actually quite happy he’s having the summer off, not forgetting he was on international duty this time last year and came back injured. He needs a break.

….spot on. I think the England management team have watched him closely, clearly rate him but feel he’s not quite ready. It’s about opinion, I have no issue with that.

I had to laugh at some suggesting Utd have ‘had a word’ with Southgate and told him not to select Branthwaite.
Southgate... enough said.

Genuinely didn’t think the club could be that stupid. Done some god awful stupid things over the last few years but this really tops it.

I had to laugh at some suggesting Utd have ‘had a word’ with Southgate and told him not to select Branthwaite. I’m actually quite happy he’s having the summer off, not forgetting he was on international duty this time last year and came back injured. He needs a break.

Think he's having a minor groin op as well. So if he does stay, best to get that done now, rest, recuperate and get ready for pre season.

This is going to be a big test for us in terms of how much we want to keep him. There’s market value of course with value precedents set previously with Stones, the dyke, and McGuire, but I sense Jim Radcliffe’s MU will be miserly with their offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back