2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where are people getting £50 million from?

1718364576061.webp

you look at how much players like pepe, sancho, mudryk, antony etc were signed for and tell me 30 mil plus some addons for Gordon was a good deal

gordon is better than all of them combined
It’s easy to pick out some crap deals where money clubs overpaid. By the same token Haaland was worth three times was City paid for him and Coleman was worth a lot more than 60k.

Ultimately a player is worth what someone will pay and how much the selling club need to sell.

Before PSR seemed to be a thing we were in a position where we didn’t need to sell and got a very tasty 80m for Lukaku which felt fair. Gordon hadn’t done anything for us but we valued him at 60m and we got around 40m because we were desperate. Now maybe we’re a little less desperate with new owners potentially coming in and sorting stuff out… we’ll see.

Personally I think Branthwaite is worth 80 and we’ll probably get 70.

It’s easy to pick out some crap deals where money clubs overpaid. By the same token Haaland was worth three times was City paid for him and Coleman was worth a lot more than 60k.

Ultimately a player is worth what someone will pay and how much the selling club need to sell.

Before PSR seemed to be a thing we were in a position where we didn’t need to sell and got a very tasty 80m for Lukaku which felt fair. Gordon hadn’t done anything for us but we valued him at 60m and we got around 40m because we were desperate. Now maybe we’re a little less desperate with new owners potentially coming in and sorting stuff out… we’ll see.

Personally I think Branthwaite is worth 80 and we’ll probably get 70.
if we sold Branthwaite for 45 mil with addons taking the deal to around 60 mil how would you feel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back