2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they are that far off with a couple of decent signings (Branthwaite being one of them)

Mainoo, Garnaucho 2 of the best young players in the league. Throw in Hojland, Dalot, Fernandes, Martinez, Rashford are all decent players.

A Branthwaite and maybe 2 more make that a good team!
I think they have wasted huge sums of money on what are sub standard players for them. They are a bloody mess and won’t be challenging for years to come. Branthwaite is being advised badly in my opinion.

We get another season out of him we stay in the Premier League and his value goes up, win win.

Also we will be of got taken over new owners going into Bramley Moor ad an extra win win to that
New owners or not, selling Branners gives us a MASSIVE PSR bump and if our new owners are willing to spend it gives them huge scope to do so.

Like when we sold Lukaku and it allowed us to waste a fortune.

The reality is that without selling somebody for serious money we have no funds to spend and we probably breach PSR, again.

Whilst the 4 points for breaching isn't the end of the world based on last season, I do feel we got lucky with injuries last season and knowing our luck Branners gets injured getting off the coach 2nd September and falls on top of Tarks and kills them both.

Then we have Keane and Holgate all season and we will really need those 4 points then.

WHY is he suggesting Wharton as a potential signing?

Ive been suggesting him as a potential signing for over a year.

Was I wrong to suggest him a year ago? 6months ago? 3months ago? Last month?

No. There is also nothing stopping us signing any Crystal Palace player if we sell Onana at a good fee and can use the funds.

You want to sell Pickford don't you?

I wanted Pickford since before he signed for us (like Wharton). But before 777 were obsolete I'd have sold him to reinvest.

Why? We needed to rebuild with no money. Both under Moshiri or 777.

Now were about to (hopefully) turn the corner with new owners its a different story

New owners or not, selling Branners gives us a MASSIVE PSR bump and if our new owners are willing to spend it gives them huge scope to do so.

The reality is that without selling somebody for serious money we have no funds to spend and we probably breach PSR, again.

Whilst the 4 points for breaching isn't the end of the world based on last season, I do feel we got lucky with injuries last season and knowing our luck Branners gets injured getting off the coach 2nd September and falls on top of Tarks and kills them both.

Then we have Keane and Holgate all season and we will really need those 4 points then.

This made me chuckle.

Ive been suggesting him as a potential signing for over a year.

Was I wrong to suggest him a year ago? 6months ago? 3months ago? Last month?

No. There is also nothing stopping us signing any Crystal Palace player if we sell Onana at a good fee and can use the funds.

I wanted Pickford since before he signed for us (like Wharton). But before 777 were obsolete I'd have sold him to reinvest.

Why? We needed to rebuild with no money. Both under Moshiri or 777.

Now were about to (hopefully) turn the corner with new owners its a different story

There is lots of things stopping us Zat, namely the umpteen massive and much richer clubs that will be after him.

Think we have seen the script for this transfer before give all the indications that we don't want to sell and playing hardball but ultimately branthwaite will go to united unless city decide to throw there hat in the ring and then say said player wanted to leave

He didn't need to write a short story about it, like. But being an England regular does add value to a player, so I can see why he cares about it.

Nail on head. English premium.

Not only that but we have Dyche and I think he suits English players. Also English players suit him.

In addition, the global branding, marketing etc with a new stadium will be better if we had England internationals...after all were an English club.

I'd be primarily focused on English youth and I only mention about Wharton and Gray as theyre attainable due to being at smaller clubs. There will be others that others know.

Good post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back