2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
A small part of me will die on the inside if we sell Branthwaite this summer. If ever there was someone to build a team around, lead us to the new stadium in 2025, and be our future captain, it's Branthwaite. He is already that good. Sadly, I know he will leave at some point, but £60 million is a hard no for me. Hoping for one more season anyway, I'm sure his value will not drop.

United barstewards go behind our back. Agree terms of wages with his agents then hope to blackmail us by getting him to create to force a move.

Must stick to our guns and give two fingers to Ratcliffe and co.
I'd imagine we are well into talks with united already. This is just paper talk from both sides to try and get the upper hand.

The likes of John Terry and Rio Ferdinand were global names when they played for England.

Branthwaite can be the same.

We're talking about keeping him another season. Only. But why only one more season?

Many disagree but if said he is not for sale at ANY price and then sold Onana most people would prefer that.

If then, we used those incoming funds and made a bid for Wharton (yes im repeating myself) would that not encourage Branthwaite to stay, and stay longer?

Pickford--Branthwaite--Wharton will be the starting spine of the England team for the next few years. Why can they not be 3 of our starting spine?

The ONLY way to compete at the top is to build a team to compete at the top. You do not do that selling your best young players.

To rebuild we need to sign MORE young players. Look at United, all you hear about them is Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund.

We have to target either the Wharton's or the Chermiti's and grow -- but around those players and Branthwaite.

The takeover means bidders will see a totally different set of accounts if we sell Branthwaite. A major asset being sold during a takeover is not normal.

If the takeover goes through soon and the new owners have money to put into the squad then perhaps we can hold onto Branthwaite?

Selling him certainly doesnt give me confidence in new ownership.

Because he's already proven himself at such a young age and in one of the top leagues under very difficult circumstances. He's the real deal and he will potentially be a talisman for a club like United for years.

He's as good as Maguire who went for more 5 years ago.

He’s proven himself in a team that sits in a low-block with 10 outfield players helping to defend.

Playing for a team that demands more will take time for him, it’s why Southgate didn’t think he was ready for England.

Maguire had 26 caps and started at a WC before his move.

we could have got more for richarlison and gordon

I think Gordon was a good fee for a player who had only had one season in the prem and had very few goals and assists. Tbf I always thought Evertonians overrated him, but he has done a lot better at Newcastle than I thought he would. Put it this way, it's pretty much what Chelsea paid City for Palmer, and I would say Palmer is comfortably a better player.

Richarlison, maybe we could have got another 10 mil but Spurs had us with PSR. All in all, we weren't rinsed.

We get another season out of him we stay in the Premier League and his value goes up, win win.

Also we will be of got taken over new owners going into Bramley Moor ad an extra win win to that

Surely he can do better than going to a washed-up yesterdays club who've not challenged for the Premier League or Champions League for over a decade and finished in their lowest position in 34 years last season with a minus goal difference to boot? And have a stadium crumbling to bits?

We need to tell these lot who still hilariously brand themselves the 'biggest club in the world' to kindly do one back down the Lancs. They had us off over Rooney. We're not letting it happen again.
I don't think they are that far off with a couple of decent signings (Branthwaite being one of them)

Mainoo, Garnaucho 2 of the best young players in the league. Throw in Hojland, Dalot, Fernandes, Martinez, Rashford are all decent players.

A Branthwaite and maybe 2 more make that a good team!

The likes of John Terry and Rio Ferdinand were global names when they played for England.

Branthwaite can be the same.

We're talking about keeping him another season. Only. But why only one more season?

Many disagree but if said he is not for sale at ANY price and then sold Onana most people would prefer that.

If then, we used those incoming funds and made a bid for Wharton (yes im repeating myself) would that not encourage Branthwaite to stay, and stay longer?

Pickford--Branthwaite--Wharton will be the starting spine of the England team for the next few years. Why can they not be 3 of our starting spine?

The ONLY way to compete at the top is to build a team to compete at the top. You do not do that selling your best young players.

To rebuild we need to sign MORE young players. Look at United, all you hear about them is Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund.

We have to target either the Wharton's or the Chermiti's and grow -- but around those players and Branthwaite.

The takeover means bidders will see a totally different set of accounts if we sell Branthwaite. A major asset being sold during a takeover is not normal.

If the takeover goes through soon and the new owners have money to put into the squad then perhaps we can hold onto Branthwaite?

Selling him certainly doesnt give me confidence in new ownership.
You want to sell Pickford don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back