2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I've solved it lads. We allow United to buy "Branthwaite". We send Keane to the salon to get the Anthony Gordon special and then send him over in a taxi instead of Jarrad.
United will be non the wiser. It's foolproof.

There is lots of things stopping us Zat, namely the umpteen massive and much richer clubs that will be after him.

I'm not sure who he would join in England?

Maybe City or Arsenal but he wouldnt be the main man.

We do have an attraction in the form of our 2 England players and he may see us as a stepping stone. Blackburn-Palace-Everton are each a step up before a big move. Also, hes closer to home.

As for the money, as I said if we got alot for Onana then we have the means. Its worth a try with a single bid-- remember they signed him for £18mil rising to £22.5mil.

Weve made weirder signings...

Don't Palace have more "England" players than us?

Guehi, Wharton, Oliver and Eze should be around the squad for years.

Anyway.

70m the fee will be, sounds about right to me.

/runs

They are clearly agreeing to sell him. As have given permission for Man United to agree terms.
Haha thats not how it works it hasn't worked like that for 20 years or more! United will have sounded out his agent about whether he's interested and what he wants and got all that straight before they waste time bidding for him all summer only to find out he doesn't want to go thats what happens with literally every transfer!

The number of points having this lad at the back would save us next season far outweighs any points deductions we may be given. Absolute madness to sell him for the sake of PSR imho.
To say that you have to guarantee that he'd stay injury free. A second points deduction would possibly be north of ten points. Given we have little to no money as it stands to strengthen the squad. That could be a bridge too far. Cash in while we can and hopefully start the season with a clean slate.

The likes of John Terry and Rio Ferdinand were global names when they played for England.

Branthwaite can be the same.

We're talking about keeping him another season. Only. But why only one more season?

Many disagree but if said he is not for sale at ANY price and then sold Onana most people would prefer that.

If then, we used those incoming funds and made a bid for Wharton (yes im repeating myself) would that not encourage Branthwaite to stay, and stay longer?

Pickford--Branthwaite--Wharton will be the starting spine of the England team for the next few years. Why can they not be 3 of our starting spine?

The ONLY way to compete at the top is to build a team to compete at the top. You do not do that selling your best young players.

To rebuild we need to sign MORE young players. Look at United, all you hear about them is Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund.

We have to target either the Wharton's or the Chermiti's and grow -- but around those players and Branthwaite.

The takeover means bidders will see a totally different set of accounts if we sell Branthwaite. A major asset being sold during a takeover is not normal.

If the takeover goes through soon and the new owners have money to put into the squad then perhaps we can hold onto Branthwaite?

Selling him certainly doesnt give me confidence in new ownership.
While I agree with the sentiment of keeping and developing promising young players, there are hard realities and challenges we face. For example, selling Onana does not, in my view, mean we have a lot to spend. That money will likely barely get us under this next PSR, if that. I still see us needing to work with frees and loans for this season. Consider the article excerpted and linked below as to our PSR position. Players also have ambition and at some point wish to move on, or demand wages we cannot pay. How attractive is an Everton team, to someone like Wharton for example, that has flirted with relegation the past few seasons, faces potential point deductions, etc., and plays Dyche-football?
--------------
Figures revealed in the judgements that followed those hearings provided a detailed insight into Everton’s position. Last year, club losses of £89m led to a PSR loss of £62.7m once allowable deductions were made. The year before, the PSR overspend was judged to be £3.9m. This leaves Everton with a maximum PSR overspend of just over £38m for the current year. https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ews/evertons-psr-position-what-means-29306351

Haha thats not how it works it hasn't worked like that for 20 years or more! United will have sounded out his agent about whether he's interested and what he wants and got all that straight before they waste time bidding for him all summer only to find out he doesn't want to go thats what happens with literally every transfer!
Literally in the premier league rule book. They have to have written consent from his current club to approach him/his agent with terms. The fact it is being reported as agreed terms, means they have that consent.

Rule T1

People are also ignoring the fact that he probably wants to leave and earn 5 times the money he's earning here at a club that actually competes for trophies.
My gripe is if he pushed for the move. I want him ti have been desperate to stay a year but the situation meant we had to cash in. If he pushed for the move I will be gutted, especially to them skanks

Literally in the premier league rule book. They have to have written consent from his current club to approach him/his agent with terms. The fact it is being reported as agreed terms, means they have that consent.
It also shouldnt be overlooked that its just the media who have said he has agreed terms.

He probably did, months ago, behind Evertons back and its pretty much an accepted business practice.

The DoFs have a WhatsApp chat in which they buy and sell players.

Rule T1
Yeah of course thats exactly how it works teams spend months bidding for a player and then sit down with his agent and find out he wants 10 times more they can afford or just has no interest in coming. You keep telling yourself that lad.

My gripe is if he pushed for the move. I want him ti have been desperate to stay a year but the situation meant we had to cash in. If he pushed for the move I will be gutted, especially to them skanks
I dont know about push, but I would imagine hes suggesting he really fancies it.

He would be pretty silly not to, I know, its United 2024, but they are, for whatever reason, still very much considered a top, top club, ranked 1 or 2 in the world in terms of "exposure", they are still a massive thing.

Its all theatre, we know we're selling and that we have to, we just need to look strong to the fans for when the inevitable low bid with "addons" is accepted on the 30th June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back