2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
“ Man Utd’s brutal message to Everton” , we must be quaking in our boots. What we do need is a statement from Moshiri that the takeover is progressing and from Friedkin saying we’re not selling his potential assets on the cheap .
I'd prefer we just didn't get drawn into it publicly myself just tell them what our price is and tell the player that if it gets met he can go and if not he can't and thats the end of it I don't see any reason for us to start issuing statements and all that and its not like we've never tried to sign players on the cheap before so we haven't exactly got the moral high ground either.

Lad is apparently happy to stay if no serious bids come in, very smart from him and showing a lot of maturity at that age. Stones put up a bit of a fuss to go to Chelsea but put his head down, did another year and got a far better move to City. I could see similar with Branthwaite, I'm not being funny since I know we were in a relegation battle last year, but he'd be mad to go to United from us. Worst possible big move he could make, he'll win nothing and they'd price him out of a move to a better team.

Another year of being first choice in a (hopefully) better Everton side, playing in front of Pickford, will only help him, City might even have a look at him next year, or he'd go rejoin Carlo and work with Bellingham at Madrid. Again, a United move would be as close to career suicide for the lad in terms of being a top player, which is hilarious to even say because it's a move that would probably grant him generational wealth and enormous fame, it's still true though.

Don’t think there’s been such an embarrassing display from a big club when it comes to trying to buy a player. If this is how the Rat in charge there operates then Utd will stay nowhere near a title challenge.
For all we know the statements are made up. But considering our PSR circumstances, it is very likely that Ratcliffe leaked these comments to a paper to unsettle Jarrod.

Now our fans and United fans will be harassing him. I think he has a good head on his shoulders, but it’s a lot for a young player to deal with. I hope we slam the door on them personally.

Jim Ratcliffe is acting like Michael Douglas in falling down.
He's a smart cookie. Smart like Michael Owen.
Just found this Ratcliffe quote on the BBC - "If you've got a government regulator, at the end of the day they will regulate and that won't be good," Ratcliffe said.

He's a smart cookie. Smart like Michael Owen.
Just found this Ratcliffe quote on the BBC - "If you've got a government regulator, at the end of the day they will regulate and that won't be good," Ratcliffe said.

Safe to say he's huffed some of the stuff he produces.

1000052269.webp

Don’t think there’s been such an embarrassing display from a big club when it comes to trying to buy a player. If this is how the Rat in charge there operates then Utd will stay nowhere near a title challenge.
And he said he was going to knock Citeh off their perch 😆

Everton's response to Man U:

Firstly we would like to thank you for your interest in Jarrad.
Unfortunately your bid falls very far below our own valuation of him as a player.
Considering his age and ability we feel he has the potential to develop into a top tier defender.
Knowing this, there is no possibility of our accepting the fee offered.
Of course, you will have your own view.
For the time being Jarrad remains an Everton player and is key to our future plans.
Further bids are very unlikely to change this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back