2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
What it's communicated to me is that if you don't want to lose a player to United, you just have to say no twice - and then Ratcliffe will reflexively pivot to any player he can instantly get his hands on and overpay for them instead. Because that will show us.

The guy is a strategic genius.
They've behaved like they know for sure that we need the money, and that seems to be what their fans are holding onto as well. The question is, do we need the money? Their owner is well connected, and he may well know that we need to sell both him and Onana.

As it happens, I don't think they've done bad business getting two defenders in for a similar price to Branthwaite, because i don't think Branthwaite alongside any of their existing defenders would fix their issues, plus they need more players too.

For us, we've got a lot more chance of staying up if we keep him. I'm not sure how United fans don't understand that part in making it solely about the money, but I'm also not going to be mocking their transfer business until the start of September because I have a feeling this isn't over yet

They've behaved like they know for sure that we need the money, and that seems to be what their fans are holding onto as well. The question is, do we need the money? Their owner is well connected, and he may well know that we need to sell both him and Onana.

As it happens, I don't think they've done bad business getting two defenders in for a similar price to Branthwaite, because i don't think Branthwaite alongside any of their existing defenders would fix their issues, plus they need more players too.

For us, we've got a lot more chance of staying up if we keep him. I'm not sure how United fans don't understand that part in making it solely about the money, but I'm also not going to be mocking their transfer business until the start of September because I have a feeling this isn't over yet

No we don’t need the money. That was easy.

Can definitely see City being interested. Ake, Akanji, Stones and Walker are all either in their 30s or coming up to 30. I imagine they’ll have a refresh at the end of the coming season.
Wow, didn't realise they were all so "old". I was just saying to my City supporting mate that the next couple years will be interesting there. Lots of their top players are coming to that sort of age. With Pep poss leaving next year, they could have a real Utd like slump over the next 3-5 years. With Liverpool/Slot being an unknown quantity (and similar issue with their main players), god knows how Chelsea will play out, Utd being Utd, could be a big void at the top of the table, Arsenal aside.

Wow, didn't realise they were all so "old". I was just saying to my City supporting mate that the next couple years will be interesting there. Lots of their top players are coming to that sort of age. With Pep poss leaving next year, they could have a real Utd like slump over the next 3-5 years. With Liverpool/Slot being an unknown quantity (and similar issue with their main players), god knows how Chelsea will play out, Utd being Utd, could be a big void at the top of the table, Arsenal aside.

City are actually incredibly well run (apart from the investigations), I’m sure they have a plan.

City are actually incredibly well run (apart from the investigations), I’m sure they have a plan.
Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee continued success. Replacing someone like Pep is hard enough, and we've seen plenty top quality managers come to new clubs/England and struggle. Add on having to replace the core of your team over the next few seasons as well. It will be a time of transition for them. Can they do that and maintain the levels they've achieved over the last 7/8 years?

Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee continued success. Replacing someone like Pep is hard enough, and we've seen plenty top quality managers come to new clubs/England and struggle. Add on having to replace the core of your team over the next few seasons as well. It will be a time of transition for them. Can they do that and maintain the levels they've achieved over the last 7/8 years?

Imagine they have Klopp lined up haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back