2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Everton fan is mad they're buying someone else.

It's a way of trying to position themselves as a club that arent a basket case and are in fact, still the envy of other clubs in England.

They are desperate to portray Radcliffe as heralding a wave of positive change.
I think as well it probably stings them that they couldn’t leverage a distressed club’s position to get a great player on the cheap - as they did with Rooney and Rio Ferdinand and many others over the years.

They are used to being the bullies - only now no one takes them seriously as a credible footballing operation, let alone a giant of the game that gets what it wants.

Christ, what an embarrassing response to my post. I'll leave you guys to your little celebration(?). Incredible. :lol:

Again. Another bizarre response from their fanbase.

It's almost like when Newcastle fans tried to start to weird rivalry out of nothing and "they won" in signing Gordon.

We're not arsed. We'd just like to understand where you're coming from as it doesn't make a lot of sense.

View attachment 265042

Not the first time I’ve seen a United fan say something along these lines.

Is this a coping strategy from them? Or do they honestly think we were desperate to sell one of the best defenders in the league last season for some reason?

Every Evertonian I’ve seen thinks it’s great that they’ve moved on - and hilarious that they’ve thrown a huge amount of cash on a French prospect.

It's like kopites in the euros making out that Trent Lad was being blamed for England playing poor. No one was...but they make it about them so they can feel they're better than everyone else

Again. Another bizarre response from their fanbase.

It's almost like when Newcastle fans tried to start to weird rivalry out of nothing and "they won" in signing Gordon.

We're not arsed. We'd just like to understand where you're coming from as it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Online I believe their fans think were disappointed that Branthwaite wasnt sold to them for £70-80mil.

At least this chap recognises were "having a party" that (so far) hes staying.

It's like kopites in the euros making out that Trent Lad was being blamed for England playing poor. No one was...but they make it about them so they can feel they're better than everyone else
I don't really blame the United fans - every club's fanbase has a delicate ego. You see it with our own, with a lot of fretting from some quarters about how 'big' a club we are.

United were so consistently successful for so long, it's got to be really hard getting used to this new reality of decline and decay.

View attachment 265042

Is this a coping strategy from them? Or do they honestly think we were desperate to sell one of the best defenders in the league last season for some reason?

Every Evertonian I’ve seen thinks it’s great that they’ve moved on - and hilarious that they’ve thrown a huge amount of cash on a French prospect.
They’re confusing with being angry with us being perplexed that they’d happily drop £50million on a very inexperienced player who only has a year on his contract after all their ‘we won’t be bullied’ posturing. They made it so obvious that had no other CB targets, the lad was going for nothing next year, they need a guy who can hit the ground running day one.

Make no mistake, I am thrilled Branthwaite is with us. Next summer or so, I fully expect him to go to a real elite club. At least City/Madrid and the like don’t mess around with fees. Big club mentality.

Last edited:
Online I believe their fans think were disappointed that Branthwaite wasnt sold to them for £70-80mil.

At least this chap recognises were "having a party" that (so far) hes staying.

They're skint. Majority of their fans won't admit it (few of my United supporting mates do admit they're skint) and still want to be seen a big.

But they're not wrestling with City etc they're aiming at easier targets who, on paper, still aren't going to make them challenge for the league. Borderline champs league at best.

They've spent around £80mill so far on 2 young players that could easily flop and will take time.

But like you say...the perceived online aura is "we're massive"

The media /social media response has been one of the oddest things I’ve ever seen . It’s like they’re inventing conversations in their heads then angry about that conversation . So weird
It's the modern world. We have plenty of those conversations in here.

View attachment 265042

This is what I seriously can't get my head around. It's like im living on a different planet to these people or something.. :lol:

There is not a SINGLE Evertonian on gods green earth that is upset that Jarrad hasn't gone to United. How this narrative has managed to circulate the United fanbase quite as widely as it has has proper astounded me yeno.

I feel like he's all but assured to stay now, that's such a huge boost for the club and this coming season, was a bit fearful he'd go and we'd be left with such a huge hole in the defense.

Outraged! I've come on here to catch up and find out we're not selling him to United?? But they wanted him. They offered us millions.

What next? We sign some useful players? We win some games and don't stress about relegation? This isn't my Everton.

Disgusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back