2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a step yo to us to united yes but my god they are pathetic hanging on by saying biggest club in the world anf by iver spending on a kid yea who is talented but in last year on his contact. We have stuck to a price that similar players have left for and everton are regretting not selling him. Would love to see united fans ask us fans how we feel about him not being sold to them pretty certain would be 90+% that wanted him to sell. Your club is miles behind the others city arsenal liverpool even with a new manager prob even spurs and chelsea if they cant get it right this season. This lad will be going to the top and united imo he can miss that step up and go higher just becuase you have a big comercial value on the pitch united are so far away. I think will be off to real next sunmer
They finished above the [Poor language removed] season before last. They are huge income wise. If they pay what we want it's fine by me. Personally hope he remains here and we can build with him. [Poor language removed] all that champions league level bollocks. If we sell demand a huge fee or don't entertain a bid

I'm sorry but this is just nonsense.

Christ, what an embarrassing response to my post. I'll leave you guys to your little celebration(?). Incredible. :lol:

United are clearly trying to rebuild the team with top quality young players: Mainoo, Garnacho, Hojlund and now Zirkzee & Yoro.

You've fallen so far but with ETH who has a background of developing young players it appears to be a sound strategy.

To look at the two centre back positions: Yoro, Scalvini, Silva, Cubarsi, Colwill and perhaps Beraldo would be up there as the most promising u21's.

I think Yoro is a great signing for United. The joke is that you've paid more for him than you offered for Branthwaite who is currently a far superior player at 22.

Not to mention the boy only had a year on his contract and although he looks quality in France you never know how he adjusts to the faster more physical premier league.

I compare the recent Branthwaite offers to when you signed Rio Ferdinand. The manager saw a quality young English player with high potential and BANG no messing about you signed him.

Imagine if you'd have offered £14mil then £16mil instead of the £30mil he cost you? Then instead of a moment of realisation of how he would improve and take the team up a level long term...

...you dont improve the Ferdinand bid and sign an 18 year old from France for £23mil.

We're talking about one of the biggest clubs in the world with millions of global customers. But the recent actions with Branthwaite are rather bizarre.

Trying for a 50% off deal for the best young English centre back? Thats not United behaviour.

IMG_0862.webp

Not the first time I’ve seen a United fan say something along these lines.

Is this a coping strategy from them? Or do they honestly think we were desperate to sell one of the best defenders in the league last season for some reason?

Every Evertonian I’ve seen thinks it’s great that they’ve moved on - and hilarious that they’ve thrown a huge amount of cash on a French prospect.

The mental gymnastics of Utd fans at the moment. They're mad at Everton for not selling on the cheap, ecstatic that they spent more money on a completely unproven kid, insisting that JB isn't good enough, but somehow not mad at Ratface for bidding £50m on him

Attachments

• 8xemda.webp
    8xemda.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 8
Glad they have moved on and bought another defender. They obviously couldn't afford him or they didn't rate him enough to pay 70 mil. It'd wasn't worth it for us to sell at 40 million when we are fighting to stay up each season.

View attachment 265042

Is this a coping strategy from them? Or do they honestly think we were desperate to sell one of the best defenders in the league last season for some reason?

Every Evertonian I’ve seen thinks it’s great that they’ve moved on - and hilarious that they’ve thrown a huge amount of cash on a French prospect.
No Everton fan is mad they're buying someone else.

It's a way of trying to position themselves as a club that arent a basket case and are in fact, still the envy of other clubs in England.

They are desperate to portray Radcliffe as heralding a wave of positive change.

No Everton fan is mad they're buying someone else.

It's a way of trying to position themselves as a club that arent a basket case and are in fact, still the envy of other clubs in England.

They are desperate to portray Radcliffe as heralding a wave of positive change.
The media /social media response has been one of the oddest things I’ve ever seen . It’s like they’re inventing conversations in their heads then angry about that conversation . So weird

View attachment 265042

Mental that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back