2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont wanna be a Debbie downer, but all hes done is increase his wages for 8 months till he can double them again with another team in July.

The lad is a quality player and he wont be staying here fighting for 19th.

Im just saying.

SOZ
Literally what I thought happy to extend his contract on more money for the next 8 months or so.

Dont wanna be a Debbie downer, but all hes done is increase his wages for 8 months till he can double them again with another team in July.

Im just saying.

SOZ
Anything can happen in that time though. He might get a severe injury or we refuse to sell him etc and he ends up stuck here for longer.

I fully expect him to leave, but if it is purely to increase his wages for 8 months, the option for a further year until 2028 wouldn’t have been needed.

Just asking him what he wants to achieve with Everton, going into the new stadium etc. and he just said "yeh I just want to play games and hopefully win"

Absolutely nothing to suggest he plans to be around for the stadium lol
Yeah was weird to even ask in our current situation lol

Everton tho so it's normal I guess

Pickford is close with Maguire. Would play out like an Amazon Documentary that...

If you are a young English player and the top sides and Everton are after you.

Surely you look at our young lads playing and see Branthwaite, Onana, Patterson and Garner...two are full internationals. If the English boys were in the England squad you would see Everton as a pathway.

Also, as a young fan alot of foreigners for example can choose clubs based off their favourite player. Some will like Everton due to Pickford and others may like Onana or others

Theres no negatives bar the hostile media.

Its gives us an extra year extension if im reading right, he had a contract to 2005, we had an option to extend until 2026 and hes now signed until 2027.

Fair play to the club though for recogniseing and rewarding his development and growing role and gives us a bit of security, he deserves a bump in pay compared to others who will be on more.

Not as long as i would have hoped. 6 years would have been ideal.

Apparently I was chatting rubbish regarding this, according to some on Twitter 🤝🏻

Good job by Everton. Rewards him for his performances and keeps him happier in terms of salary whilst protecting an asset in the transfer market.

Innocent question for you, who do the club rate the highest out of Branthwaite, Onana, Garner?

Is one seen to be far superior to others or all held to similar levels internally?

Wish we could find more players like him low cost but his attitude is first class. Is a risk but is about trying to build players up right loan moves then try fit in first team or sell

I said years back we should have a budget to sign 3 a summer. All young, English and high potential from the lower leagues.

Of those 3 perhaps 1 delivers. But in 3 years it starts paying off.

Now that is good news to see we can extend to 2028.

Im just saying.

SOZ

In that case why add the option to extend?

If you are a young English player and the top sides and Everton are after you.

Surely you look at our young lads playing and see Branthwaite, Onana, Patterson and Garner...two are full internationals. If the English boys were in the England squad you would see Everton as a pathway.

Also, as a young fan alot of foreigners for example can choose clubs based off their favourite player. Some will like Everton due to Pickford and others may like Onana or others

Theres no negatives bar the hostile media.

Not as long as i would have hoped. 6 years would have been ideal.
I don't know about a pathway for young players, this summer three actual U21 prospects did leave our club irrespective of circumstances. We are not stellar in our treatment of youth, we have a prehistoric setup and have a simple aversion (due to current regime). It is a case of guilty until proven innocent in the club's case, what with our youth policy and this considering that I like some of our current youth anyway. Note that Colwill is called up to the International squad, and some of the players we were after in the January and July periods were up-and-coming youngsters who signed elsewhere anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back