2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Innocent question for you, who do the club rate the highest out of Branthwaite, Onana, Garner?

Is one seen to be far superior to others or all held to similar levels internally?

I said years back we should have a budget to sign 3 a summer. All young, English and high potential from the lower leagues.

Of those 3 perhaps 1 delivers. But in 3 years it starts paying off.

Now that is good news to see we can extend to 2028.
Good news, in a pretty grim week, for Everton.
Now to beat Bournemouth.
UTFTs!

If he's smart it'll have a relegation release clause and a minimum fee release clause in it. In fact, I'd be extremely surprised if it doesn't contain both.
In truth I think both aren't necessary.

If we go down he's getting sold, end of. No way Everton in administration are keeping him.

If we get offered big money we are also probably taking it given our finances.

Great news nonetheless as the disaster of him leaving for a free in a couple of years has been averted.

Now that he has signed a new contract, he should be replaced by Keano in the starting 11. About time he started his training as a Left-Back as well. Shameful delay by the club.

Anything can happen in that time though. He might get a severe injury or we refuse to sell him etc and he ends up stuck here for longer.

I fully expect him to leave, but if it is purely to increase his wages for 8 months, the option for a further year until 2028 wouldn’t have been needed.
It adds another 2 or 3m on the price.

Im not trying to be negative, but the lad would be insane if hes here beyond September 2024.

Innocent question for you, who do the club rate the highest out of Branthwaite, Onana, Garner?

Is one seen to be far superior to others or all held to similar levels internally?

I said years back we should have a budget to sign 3 a summer. All young, English and high potential from the lower leagues.

Of those 3 perhaps 1 delivers. But in 3 years it starts paying off.

Now that is good news to see we can extend to 2028.
Not 3 but atleast one a season for me maybe two but depends on positions we need would like see nore you attackers come in and esp at the fb position. Even the lads at sunderland neil is it should be getting scouted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back