2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about a pathway for young players, this summer three actual U21 prospects did leave our club irrespective of circumstances. We are not stellar in our treatment of youth, we have a prehistoric setup and have a simple aversion (due to current regime). It is a case of guilty until proven innocent in the club's case, what with our youth policy and this considering that I like some of our current youth anyway. Note that Colwill is called up to the International squad, and some of the players we were after in the January and July periods were up-and-coming youngsters who signed elsewhere anyway.

Colwill is someone we should have gone for when he went to the championship on loan and was rumoured to be available.

I dont think we bid for the likes of Wharton in the summer, assume we could get him in Jan. Others i dont think we bid for any england youth players?

A young player in the divisions below will see DCL, Garner and Branthwaite in the team having never played premier league before. If they want games best to join us over the top sides.

Not 3 but atleast one a season for me maybe two but depends on positions we need would like see nore you attackers come in and esp at the fb position. Even the lads at sunderland neil is it should be getting scouted

The £1-3mil signing fees make the deals low risk. The likes of Gibson were £1mil down rising to £6mil so we didnt lose much there.

Sign 3 a summer and over 3 seasons we have 9 players...if 2 or 3 end up a first 11 starter its worth the money.

Colwill is someone we should have gone for when he went to the championship on loan and was rumoured to be available.

I dont think we bid for the likes of Wharton in the summer, assume we could get him in Jan. Others i dont think we bid for any england youth players?

A young player in the divisions below will see DCL, Garner and Branthwaite in the team having never played premier league before. If they want games best to join us over the top sides.

The £1-3mil signing fees make the deals low risk. The likes of Gibson were £1mil down rising to £6mil so we didnt lose much there.

Sign 3 a summer and over 3 seasons we have 9 players...if 2 or 3 end up a first 11 starter its worth the money.
I don't think we'd be able to develop Colwill (Brighton) or Branthwaite (PSV) sufficiently on our own and that is a damning indictment on our youth policy. We'd just accept that Brighton money in last summer, we are terrible at nurturing youth.
I wouldn't mind too much if we raided the Arsenal youth team before they all head out on their first loan out. Man Utd also produce a decent stream of all-action midfielders.
I'd have gone for the Sunderland players (Clarke, Rigg... etc) too from championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back