Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well look back to last Jan. Arsenal and Chelsea valued Caicedo at £40-50mil...a few months later and it was £125mil.

Thats what happens with young players.

Now, if you were a top 4 club in Jan seeing Branthwaite (if he continues this level) a 21 year old English phenom surely he would be a priority target.

Madrid signing the young lads they have should go for him, thats the level i see him at and the potential to hit the very top.
As I said before stupid market footballs gone mad nothing would surprise me but if he went for a world record fee we’re then talking about being the best in the world is he really that? I know you’re going to say paying for potential but at that kind of money I’d want one of the best defenders in Europe now he could be but only time will tell.

As I said before stupid market footballs gone mad nothing would surprise me but if he went for a world record fee we’re then talking about being the best in the world is he really that? I know you’re going to say paying for potential but at that kind of money I’d want one of the best defenders in Europe now he could be but only time will tell.

The massive fees weve been seeing arent for the worlds best.

Anyway, hopefully we can storm up the table on the sly and he gets in the England side and stays long term like Pickford.

The massive fees weve been seeing arent for the worlds best.

Anyway, hopefully we can storm up the table on the sly and he gets in the England side and stays long term like Pickford.
If we can get a bit of experience in the side with quality and keep the young lads we have could become a good group of players desperately need some depth for the bench as well.

Taking Fofana at £75mil a couple of years ago and Caicedo at £125mil last summer.

What would you value our two at?
Value is inconsequential, buying strength and willpower not to sell are the only factors in play:

Fofana - played for a team who finished in 8th bought by a team who thought they could beat the transfer system and have paid horrendous sums of money for 18 months - they're being found out and have to stop spending pronto.
Caciedo - owned by an extremely well run club who don't have to sell at prices they don't want to. Also not a CB. Also bought by same team that thought they could beat transfer system, also bidding war with RS.

What team is going to offer £120m for Branthwaite out the block? If a team offers £75m to 777 (or whoever) do you think they will play hardball like Brighton?

Lets not overlook - I think he is an exceptional player, but I think getting 150% of the world record CB fee is not realistic. I think getting £100% is a huge stretch given the circumstances.

we won't get a positional world record fee by £40m for one of our players - we're not in the fiscal position to reject close to the current world record fee.

He's a superb player, but it's time people got a cab and headed to real world street.
'Real world street' have you seen the state of the amounts some players are going for? Brathwaite is Left footed, English, and very good he ticks all the boxes for a ridiculous transfer fee.

'Real world street' have you seen the state of the amounts some players are going for? Brathwaite is Left footed, English, and very good he ticks all the boxes for a ridiculous transfer fee.
If Man u want him (for example), would we turn down a £75m for him from them, given our financial position?

Value is inconsequential, buying strength and willpower not to sell are the only factors in play:

Fofana - played for a team who finished in 8th bought by a team who thought they could beat the transfer system and have paid horrendous sums of money for 18 months - they're being found out and have to stop spending pronto.
Caciedo - owned by an extremely well run club who don't have to sell at prices they don't want to. Also not a CB. Also bought by same team that thought they could beat transfer system, also bidding war with RS.

What team is going to offer £120m for Branthwaite out the block? If a team offers £75m to 777 (or whoever) do you think they will play hardball like Brighton?

Lets not overlook - I think he is an exceptional player, but I think getting 150% of the world record CB fee is not realistic. I think getting £100% is a huge stretch given the circumstances.

I mentioned Fofana and Caicedo as benchmarks for a CB and DM.

Which is what Branthwaite and Onana are.

Anyway, end of season lock them down to 2029 and try to build the squad while benefiting from them.

If only we had these 2 when Moshiri came in...

Proper diamond. potential to have an outstanding career. Can’t be too far from Southgate’s list.

Going to be some bids coming in for him so have to do everything possible to keep him and build our team with him as one of the keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back