Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had seen a few say he is like stones think branthwaite is the better defender imo not as good on the ball as stones but have the same calmness about them. The lad is quality so glad we didnt sell would have been a massive mistake
Even if he continues to improve he will never get the credit until a Top 4 team come in for him. We aren’t particularly attractive to the media to big up our players. Which may work in our favour.

Even if he continues to improve he will never get the credit until a Top 4 team come in for him. We aren’t particularly attractive to the media to big up our players. Which may work in our favour.

….the media gave him MoM today and Micah Richards was eulogising him. He’s not going unnoticed.

Given his age, his speed and athleticism, his aerial ability, his calmness in possession, his desire to defend and his application I would only start thinking about a transfer at £80m, and even then I’d want add-ons.

….the media gave him MoM today and Micah Richards was eulogising him. He’s not going unnoticed.

Given his age, his speed and athleticism, his aerial ability, his calmness in possession, his desire to defend and his application I would only start thinking about a transfer at £80m, and even then I’d want add-ons.
Two capable feet and calm enough to use em and not panic.

Would say that would be cheap given the current market. Could be a centre back for a top team for over a decade.

I've seen Dyche saying more than once that they are not over-coaching him ie: "Jarrad (Branthwaite) continues to learn and to find that Premier League way. We’re not over-coaching him, we’re letting him go a little bit but he’s doing a very good job."

If there are any pro-level coaches or trainers here, I would love to hear what that means in practice. Because in my thinking that would also mean errors and potential howlers, but those are nonexistent in his performances.

He was a joy to watch today.

I hope, we can progress enough in next 2 years to make him want to stay, but see the logic in commanding a huge fee for him.

For me he's way ahead of Stones at this age, calm, assured, unphased and sensible, reads the game well and positionally astute.

We have a golden ticket here.
I think he may be gone in the summer sadly.

His performances wont be going unnoticed plus everyone knows what i financial mess were in.

The kid is class and he will be playing CL football within 18 months (obviously not with us)
Man City will come calling very soon.

I think he may be gone in the summer sadly.

His performances wont be going unnoticed plus everyone knows what i financial mess were in.

The kid is class and he will be playing CL football within 18 months (obviously not with us)
Man City will come calling very soon.
I can see him at Newcastle. Very much fits in with what they are building and is an Eddie Howe type player.

He's got a long career ahead of him, he might want to get a couple of seasons Premier League experience under his belt at a club he knows he's first choice before stepping up a level.

He's got a long career ahead of him, he might want to get a couple of seasons Premier League experience under his belt at a club he knows he's first choice before stepping up a level.
I agree and hopefully during that time the squad at Everton will be stronger and challenging higher up the league, giving Branthwaite a difficult decision. Although big, big money and the club can’t refuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back