Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he may be gone in the summer sadly.

His performances wont be going unnoticed plus everyone knows what i financial mess were in.

The kid is class and he will be playing CL football within 18 months (obviously not with us)
Man City will come calling very soon.
I think, sadly, you are spot on.

Oh how far we have fallen 😢

• Sad
Reactions: JLW
Already an excellent defender with every attribute needed who will get better with game time, cherish him. Shame Dyche only plays his favourites and won’t play young players, eh lads? Lads?

Not a single foot wrong all game by the looks of it
Big comparison but seems a little bit Van Dyke ish (pre-the Pickford coming together) in that he’s massive and rapid and composed on the ball. What I particularly like is that his clearances are very rarely aimless. Even when he is competing for the ball he is looking to knock it to a blue shirt or into a good space for a blue shirt to challenge for it. Sign of a class centre back and makes a massive difference in terms of ball retention.

He impressed me when he first broke into the team under Benitez, he just looked to be a very well balanced player who had great height and pace. His sending off against Brentford, I think, seemed to put him back a little bit, but, I still had confidence he was going to be very good. He has come back from his loan in Holland a much calmer and more assured footballer than when he left us, he has also become tremendously strong.

It's a long time since this club had two such outstanding youngsters as Branthwaite and Onana, they will both play most of their careers at the very top level, unfortunately I don't think it will be with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back