2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

I think he may be gone in the summer sadly.

His performances wont be going unnoticed plus everyone knows what i financial mess were in.

The kid is class and he will be playing CL football within 18 months (obviously not with us)
Man City will come calling very soon.
I think, sadly, you are spot on.

Oh how far we have fallen 😢

Not a single foot wrong all game by the looks of it
Big comparison but seems a little bit Van Dyke ish (pre-the Pickford coming together) in that he’s massive and rapid and composed on the ball. What I particularly like is that his clearances are very rarely aimless. Even when he is competing for the ball he is looking to knock it to a blue shirt or into a good space for a blue shirt to challenge for it. Sign of a class centre back and makes a massive difference in terms of ball retention.

He impressed me when he first broke into the team under Benitez, he just looked to be a very well balanced player who had great height and pace. His sending off against Brentford, I think, seemed to put him back a little bit, but, I still had confidence he was going to be very good. He has come back from his loan in Holland a much calmer and more assured footballer than when he left us, he has also become tremendously strong.

It's a long time since this club had two such outstanding youngsters as Branthwaite and Onana, they will both play most of their careers at the very top level, unfortunately I don't think it will be with us.