2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
being skint doesn't always man giving people away, gaurantee he wouldn't go for anything less than 60m.

we were skint when we sold gordon and still got 40m and he wasn't anywhere near as important as branthwaite

….but if clubs know you’re desperate for monies (we have to pay for Beto and Chermiti next summer) then they hold aces when it comes to negotiations. Best we can hope for is a bidding war.

….but if clubs know you’re desperate for monies (we have to pay for Beto and Chermiti next summer) then they hold aces when it comes to negotiations. Best we can hope for is a bidding war.

how on earth do they hold the aces when the player is ours under a long contract?

we needed money when we sold gordon and still got a valuation that suited us, again he was nowhere near as important as branthwaite is

how on earth do they hold the aces when the player is ours under a long contract?

we needed money when we sold gordon and still got a valuation that suited us, again he was nowhere near as important as branthwaite is

Like Richarlison mate, Levy took us to the cleaner knowing that we had to bring money in by the end of June and had that deadline.

Like Richarlison mate, Levy took us to the cleaner knowing that we had to bring money in by the end of June and had that deadline.
dunno about that mate, we got 50m!

didn't he only have 2 years left on his deal as well? i personally don't think we will sell JB unless a silly offer is made

Apart from the fact we're skint and everyone knows it.

If this 777 takeover falls through I expect we will be desperate for cash come the end of the year. Probably still will be even if it doesn't!
I'd assume 777 will sell him in a heart beat. They are coming in to try and make money.

Thought Richarlison deal was fair for all parties and I’d say most of their fans would say they over paid given what he’s produced since

Not for me mate, we made a modest profit on what we paid, before you take into account what we sold him for.

He was our best player and as such, you need to be compensated on how much it would cost you to replace your best and most influential player.

Like i say he was worth far more to us then £50 mill, was furious.

Not for me mate, we made a modest profit on what we paid, before you take into account what we sold him for.

He was our best player and as such, you need to be compensated on how much it would cost you to replace your best and most influential player.

I think Spurs would struggle to get their money back if they had to sell right now.

He has been poor for them up to now.

I loved Richy, you won’t find me having said a bad word about him anywhere and I’d have him back right now but I feel we’ve had his best years.

If I remember we bought him for 35 + 10 add ons and sold him for 50 + 10 add ons at a point where he was broken having played non stop football for years (olympics, wc, Copa etc.)

He has since scored 2 in 37 for spurs according to Wikipedia

I loved Richy, you won’t find me having said a bad word about him anywhere and I’d have him back right now but I feel we’ve had his best years.

If I remember we bought him for 35 + 10 add ons and sold him for 50 + 10 add ons at a point where he was broken having played non stop football for years (olympics, wc, Copa etc.)

He has since scored 2 in 37 for spurs according to Wikipedia

I think buying for lets say 45 mill and selling for 60 mill isnt good business mate, particularly if he's our best player. He was worth 80 mill to us. Thats my opinion mate. I think if we didnt have to sell, we get a lot more mate. Thought it was a poor deal. Thought Gordon was to incidentally.

No doubt he hasn't had the same impact there, would totally be on board its been a bad move for him - not sure hes finished like, more just a really bad fit club wise would be my take. he doesn't suit them at all.

No chance of that. Definitely debatable on your first point of whether 50+10 was a good deal but if they stuck him up for transfer right now they’d do well to get what we paid Watford

Not sure mate, maybe later in his contract you could be right.

Capable of double digits in the PL as a wide forward., they cost a bit..........

Let's face it if these clowns get the keys we will never compete with city, Newcastle, Brighton, spurs etc again.

It's like being a landlord and taking in a tenant who can't afford the rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back